Recessed Trolling Pedal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I am very close to deciding on installing a ComfortTroll recessed trolling pedal on my PT 175. Are there any reasons that I wouldn't want to or anything to be aware of before I do it? I have plenty of clearance for dropping it in after I cut the hole for it so that won't be a problem and they say that it comes with a drain tube as well. I assume that I would just run the drain tube to the bottom of the hull and let it run the water back to the bilge area. Just wanted to get any other thoughts on this before I start cutting and hacking away!

The only draw back is not being able to move your pedal around.But on smaller boats like ours,how much do you move it amyhow.

The only other thing is if the hole has too big of a gap around the pedal,it is easy to hang up your foot between the deck and the pedal.

The pros----YOUR BACK WILL THANK YOU !!!!!!

It doesn't seem like much,but after a long day of standing with your feet level instead of one a few inches higher,makes a BIG difference on your back.

I recessed mine myself,and have NO regrets.

Steve

I think it's a great idea. I wish I had one on my PT-185. I keep my pedal screwed down, so haveing it stuck in one place would be no problem for me. I like haveing it where I know where it's at and I can operate it while facing either side of the boat.

I haven't got a real good look at one of the recessed installations so my only question would be; is there enough room to operate the on/off switch on the lower left side on my Minn Kota. Access to the tensioning screw would be impossable without lifting the pedal but I have to do that now anyway.

Sounds like a good idea...go for it. Take some pictures and let us see how it works out.

Harpo

I thought about it when I had my front casting deck off of my 2003 PT175. I decided not to at this time because I seem to move it around depending upon what/how I am fishing. Other than that I think I would like to have it recessed. Just in case you don't know what is down there I am attaching a photo of what is beneath the front casting deck that I took as a part of swapping out the front angled part of the casting deck for an additional 9" of footspace. Let me know if you have questions.
PT175 open front deck.jpg

CIII and I just talked about this yesterday. He had one put in his Ranger and said it makes a world of difference. My beat up, old, slow, NITRO has always has one. LOL!!

TOXIC

Yes,

it is a really good piece of gear! My back does not hurt at all like it used to after a day of fishing! To me, just like a hot foot, will not have another boat without one!!

Carlos

Hey, I believe that cutting a hole in your deck will void all Tracker warranty - if that matters to you. Maybe you want to call and check this out.

Back