Ranger Boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR F

Reaction score
Anyone want to buy a new Ranger contact me...JR BEST BUILT BEST SERVICED...See JR:rolleyes:

JR, I might be in the very near future, what are you selling?

I was looking at a 1998 518DVS, the ledge around the deck looks very deep though, any difference between a DVX & a DVS, is it just options and trim or are there design differnces?

Thanks

CJL

Just the options.

VX comes with bolt on tie downs on the trailer, SRS seats, custom order colors, LED lights on the trailer, rod straps, rod organizers in the lockers, and a few other options. It should lay it out on Ranger website.

Hulls are the same though.

VX only way to go...Price Is up there but there are always year old demos that are priced right..We can use them for the season and sell them..Usually order the boat the way someone wants It and then at the end of the season you get It at a much reduced price and It's what you ordered....Foe example a 45,000 loaded boat sell for around 36.38,000 with not that many hours on IT....:)

Yes,...same hull and cap....the difference is the "trim level"........the VX is a "Comanche"..the VS is a stripped down version........just fewer "bells and whistles".

Mac

Thanks all, it just appeared from the picture that the ledge of the top cap in around the front deck is a good 6"-8", pretty deep looking from the pictures.

In any event thanks for the info.

I have a 99 518 DVX. I don't know if they changed from 98 to 99 but mine is pretty much the same as the new 519. I looked at a 2000 519 which back then was a 20'6 or 20'9 and I didn't like how tall that rail was either on that boat. On the one I have now I haven't had any trouble pitching. It doesn't seem much taller than most. There is a pic in my library. I can send more if you are interested in looking at this model. It isn't for sale or anything but I can answer any questions you might have about this 99 model. Clark

Hey All, Here is a picture of the front deck, I never thought about how it would effect flippin & pitchin, does the deck cap look unusually deep to you? Or is it just me?
518.jpg

Also, now that I look at it, it is stated that it has a 92" beam, but the deck is much narrower due to the thickness of the top cap/ rail. :huh:

Looks deeper than It really Is....

Actualy I like the look of that deck, almost as deep as the front of my PC175 and looks more stable.

Trep

That is definantly deeper side rails than my 99 518. That is the same as the 2000 519 I looked at once.

My consoles are seperate too. Looks like a nice boat. What engine is on it?

Chris - Resist the dark side, I say...the force is strong in you young padawan learner...Feel the Tin...BE the Tin!!

Clark, it's got a 150 on it, asking price is 16k, too much?

Mac, is that rail too deep to pitch and flip out of?

Mac, Beer can, LMAO

or oversized bed pan LOL @ myself:lol::lol:

CJL,..You should be able to flip and pitch out of that boat with no problem at all.....when I start to pitch a bait,..I'm holding the the bait in my hand and it's out over the sides of the boat anyway,...when I release it, it swings in a pendulum motion about a foot over the water and drops in to the target area..I doubt you'll ever make contact with the gunnel,.....as far as flipping goes,..I rarely "flip" anyway,..but if I did, i doubt the bait would be any lower than my knees and it would be out away from the gunnel aswell,...very similar to a pitch.

Go forth young Jedi and kick bass ass in glass.......Tin is for cans and airplanes!!

Chris - Strong The Dark Side is in you, growing it is. Resist the glass!!

Back