Questions about boat

• Thread starter XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking at a Lund rebel SS 1650 it a 2001 with 25hp Honda four stroke. I have three questions about this boat. It

Here is a pic of the boat in question..
lund.JPG

For this boat, the boat, motor, trailer are all seperate.

Lowe makes an Angler series that looks a lot like that Lund, just FYI.

That's exactly the type of boat I'm looking for, tall, tin, and wide. The 25 horse may be a disappointment though, but the 4-stroke part will be great :)

I agree...do a little more shoppin' unless your limited to horsepower. My dad found an 02 1750 Triton crappie rig with a 50 for that:)

Do you plan on fishing the quabbin? that boat would be just right if you are.

But that price sounds a bit high to me. For a couple grand more you can get a brand new tracker superguide 16 with a 25hp 4 stroke. From what i can see on nada the hull is worth about 3k, the motor 2500 and the trailer 500. so 7500 is a real stretch. to put in in perspective a buddy of mine sold his 99 tracker pt 185 with a 90 on it for 8k last year. The boat also included two 240 pixel finders, a covers, two props, a 65# minnkota and brand new batteries. The boat was mint, in like new condition.

As far as the power trim i dont know if honda makes a kit like merc does but if they dont you can get an aftermarket one from cmc that would be pretty easy to install. i think they cost about 500 or so. here is a pict.
52100%20PT-35.jpg

I think given the year, size of boat, and HP combination that the price seems high...

david

Is it nuts to buy a boat to fish a couple of places, I stated before that the 4 four places I fish 2 of them are rivers one has speed restrictions and forth is quabbin res which only allows 25 4-stork.

I am reading the want ads I see a nitro 700 with a 115 for 9000 grand boy I loved to have that power...

I would be more inclined to buy a boat that you could take anywhere you wanted. If you bought that 700 lx about he only place you cant take it would be the quabbin. But it opens up other lakes like Winni, Winnisquam, newfound and other big lakes where having power to push the boat isnt a bad thing. I wouldnt worry about speed restricted lakes, you can always go slow if you need to with a bigger motor. For instance i fish cochituate and the speed limit there is 22mph. I have no problem doing that with my 882 with a 150, a boat that can go 60+. I fish rivers with it too, i go to the nashua at least a few times a year.

Hey Jim

Too funny same lake I fish too "cochituate" not bad but over fished. Have you ever fished Sudbury River and the Charles River?

X

No ive never fished either of those two rivers but i plan on trying the charles when the new ramp in waltham is done this summer.

I hope it get done too, I had a couple great days out there last year 30+ bass days.

X

Back