QUESTION FOR THE BOARD

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
I am planning on using by boat earlier than ever this year. My question is, since I will be exposing my boat too more freezing situations then normal what precautions do I need to take after returning home? I know that I should store my engine verticle to drain out any excess water. Is there anything else? Thanks in advance, Chris F.

Other than making sure you keep Stabil or the fuel winterizer of your choice in the gas tank and be sure and drain the livewell, livewell pump and lines...since I never catch anything (especially in winter);) that's never an issue with me.

Harpo

Always make sure you trim your big motor all the way down to get all the water out of it. I always trim mine all the way down as far as it will go, then trim it up till the top of the motor is level. The other area that can freeze ia the livewell pumps if the boat is going to sit for more than a day in freezing water. ;)

I agree with Bassin Fool but I also like to turn the motor over to blow water out the exhaust.

Back