Question for Rich

• Thread starter Robert Spradley
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Spradley

Reaction score
Well Rich, I think I will be purchasing a Lowrance GlobalMap 100. Although I found in the West Marine Catalog a 100 Plus which comes with the gps, cd-rom and cable for $299.00. I think this is a pretty good buy. However I went to west today and they don't have them yet:( My question, is the detailed map area for the Savannah area and St. Johns River in Jax, Fl. pretty good? Also, after u purchase the software, are u allowed to download upgraded software in the future? Thanks Robert

Rich, I just found the plus at Wal-mart for 258.96, and I guess u can upgrade the gps software at Lowrance's website. They have version 1.8 available now. Hopefully I can find the gps tomorrow at one of the supercenters. Still would like to know about the details of waterways. Thanks Robert

Robert, that's a tough question for me to answer. I've never been to Jacksonville, so I wouldn't know if what I was looking at on the GPS was accurate or not.

I can tell you that I have been impressed with the accuracy of the maps of the areas I have been to. Downloading detailed maps from the CD gives pleny of resolution. Enough so that I can even mark waypoints in very small coves on local lakes.

Lowrance does provide free software updates via their web site.

Well Rich, that gives u a good reason to plan a fishing trip down here:) Thanks for the info. Robert

Latest posts

Back