Question for Greg @ Humminbird

• Thread starter Tony Payne [URL]http://humminbird.com/products.asp
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
With this unit, what excuses will I have left???

One thing that's not clear, but if I want a traditional "view" (depth and bottom contours directly under the boat) ... does the unit offer that? Or am I missing the point in the images that the "black area before the return" is the water between me and the bottom?

Also, what unit would you put up front? Or can we daisy chain 2 off of the same ducer (one just views the same data as the other ... master/slave in non PC terms)??

Cool stuff, I think I know what uncle sam will be buying me this year!
http://humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=512
SI_tree_fish.jpg

Yeah...what was the ticket on that side view? Can you say,"Expensive"!

PRETTY COOL STUFF ISN'T IT ONE OF MY SPONSORS IS HUMMINBIRD I JUST RECEIVED MY MATRIX 97 AND 67 IN MAIL TODAY. I THINK YOU CAN DAISEY CHAIN THEM. I HAVE A FREIND WHO WORKS FOR MINNKOTA AND HUMMINBIRD IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO HIM LET ME KNOW!!!

Tee... expensive - Yes... can you say "Float and Fly nirvana" --- Absolutely.

It's just amazing to me where the technology is going... pretty soon we'll be able to pick the fish we want to catch..

"i want the one to the left of the little stump with the rock on it... not the one behind it".

If this stuff is as good as the claims, we'll have no excuses left!

Wow! I would love to take a look at one of those! I wonder what a weed bed would look like?

Rich D

Submerged bridge, creek channel and new bridge piling
SI_bridge1.jpg

Is that a Sonar view or a camera view Sim??

This new unit is so sophisticated, it receives the propaganda channel from the local fish broadcasting station....
sonargag.jpg

WHERE"S THE FISH???? I don't wanna see no log pile or bridge piling, where's the beef?!?!?!?!?! What good does it do to see all of that if you can't see the slimys?

TOXIC

You can only see the fish if you find the fish first!!! aparrantly those that took the screen shots were more interested in showing detail than fish!

In the first screen shot, there is a school of baitfish on the left hand side - just about half way down.

Trep - This is sonar.

Stern you made my day!

Just so happens that when I was still wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard, that one of the R&D guys that worked on the Side Imaging came in, saw it and died laughing too! So now it

Greg,

Thanks for the explanations! Great pics. Any saved immages of a weed bed/edge?

Rich D

Greg,

Great descriptions. For those of us that are 'nuts' about this type of thing, it is very exciting. I was looking at my Fishing Hot Spots 'Kerr' map last night. All types of buildings, bridges, roads and such on Kerr.

Look's like HBird and your engineering folks are really taking a step up in technology.

Tex

Greg...

Thanks for the answers....

What I meant by master/slave is simple... I detest the interference I get with two unit on my boat... if I am in greater than 20', I get alot of noise between my front and back sounders... I know, I could turn one off, but then the person in the back of the boat wouldnt be able to "see" anything either.

So, the question is:

1. Is there a unit that I can use up front to view the same data the one in back sees? (master/slave - the one at the console does all the work, the one at the bow just displays it.. no active transducer(s)).

2. How to eliminate that interference?

3. Hitting the waypoint button up front and having it saved to the console unit?

Even if none of that is possible, I truly think I am going to find a way to get this unit.

need any testers in our "shallow" lakes of KY? Any "I switched from Lowrance becuase..." stories?

Will you take my lowrance units in trade?????

I showed the images to Barb, she asked when we could get them... are they on the market today?

(If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about these new units!)

As you can imagine, our Side Imaging sonar has caused quite a stir! I have not been able to make my rounds on the different web sites as usual do to all of the posts about it and the vast quantity of e-mail that I have been getting. So now that I

Back