Question for Champ186

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Champ,

You said you bought from C&O marine, did you buy sight unseen? Who drove it to Canada for you, someone you know? Or was it a service. I may have to go down anyway becuase I may be trading in the Tracker.

I found the Boat on the internet...I was originally looking for someone else as I already owned a ChamP. But I saw this and really wanted it...so I sold mine to them and bought this one. I posted a note on NTOWS to see if anyone lived close to C and O. Jack from Columbia lives about an hour or so away. He was kind enuff to drive over with his Digital and take some photos for me. He also called me while he was there and we went over the boat together.Jack was great and really knows his stuff ! THANK YOU JACK FROM COLUMBIA!!! The bought was on consignment( the owner bought a new champ from C&O) at C&O so I did the deal with the owner, but had C&O get the boat ready for the trip. I hired guy who is semi retired and has a big Diesel Ford F250 to drive from here to Tenn. and back (1250 miles each way) He charged me $900.00 CDn (750 us$) for the trip and he took 3 days. I did have to deal with C&O to get the prep work done, and to get the boat released to my driver. The driver said he was really impressed with the way they treated him. They were top notch and even provide me a cover at cost. I met The driver at the Border to do all the customs paperwork and brought her home. It was an easy painless purchase.

thanks - BTW nice boat, how fast does it go?

How come 12 volt, is there room in the battery compartment for another battery?

No ther is lots of room for batteries, you can get 4 group 27's in if you need to. I have that motor because the boat originally had a Motorguide and I really, really dislike motorguide.I had just put the new Minn Kota on my old boat a few weeks before I sold it, so I switched the two.

It will do an honest 67 MPH.thanks to Pat Goff...but it may soon go faster, I'm trying to find a 200 or 225 over winter.

Back