PULLING A TUBE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Anyone have any do's and dont's about pullin a tube, or a skier with a Bass boat (NX750/115)? Going on Vacation with family and Im sure the kids will want to at least tube.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Check the local laws. In most areas your required to have an observer and a orange flag to notify boaters in the area when you have a skiier down. Pulling such things is hard on prop hubs so it's good to have a spare. Don't forget the obvious things such as PFD. Have fun.

fatrap

If you don't have a ski bar, might want to invest in some water glasses since the rope will probably be dragging in the water and causing spray in the tubee's face.

Yea, water spray is the price they pay. I have pulled tubers and skiers before on other boats, I was just wondering if (in a Bass boat) there may be problems I was unaware of, Other than the low attachment point for the ropes, I appreciate the comments.

Gotta use the floating harness if you are not putting in a tow bar. I pulled a tube with my 929 with the rope on the transom tie downs. The floats were in the water most of the time and I did wrap the prop a couple of times. It was all worth it to see the look on my brother-in-laws face hangin onto a tube goin 65mph across the lake and big wakes ahead!!

TOXIC

I've been doing it for 4 years with my PC175, as Tox said go to Walmart/BPS And pick up the "tow bridle" harness that attaches to the U-bolt Tiedowns and a tube/towrope and off you go!

That 115 should have no problem dragging the kids and adults around!

Trep's Got-R-Down;) Another word of caution would be to remember when turning the boat..You're swingin' the tuber around the boat so be aware of obsticles like buoys and shallow areas. Just take it slow with the kids and you'll have a ball...I have two tubes myself:)

Tee - Best investment we bought (besides the Bimini top)!! We didn't have a boat as kids, so I make Beka drive while I tube and the boys spot! And Beka has learned how to realy SWING me around!!!

Trep

TimS - Good idea on the mirrow, but I tried the clip on mirror on my PC175, and because the hight of the windshield I could not see over my shoulder or when I angled it to see around me I could not see through the rear seat/motor. So I mounted a mirror on the gunwale on the driver's side, it's not high but lets me see 80% behind me.

Trep

Back