Public storage

• Thread starter Jan Van Bennekum
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Van Bennekum

Reaction score
I've moved and will be storing the boat in an outside gated lot. Any suggestions about how to keep the batteries charged? Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks

Jan

I am storing my boat this winter at the dealer, trust me the TM and fish finder are coming off.

THnaks

X

I used a gated/secure lot (public storage facility) for about 18 months. Always made sure that I brought the boat home every once in a while to keep the batteries up. During fishing season, I would always bring it home 1 to 2 days before an outing, just to make sure I got the batteries up to snuff.

Tex

When I stored mine in an outdoor storage for the winter I would remove all batteries, the prop, plus all tackle. I never had a problem. Plus I would cover all tires including the spare to protect them from the sun, white heavy duty garbbage bags worked great and duct tape them on. I would also cover the lower unit with a heavey duty garbbage bag and duct tape that on also. Oh yeah make sure you pull all drain plugs.

there is a system called stay charge to keep up charge in a case like this. read about it on Bass Boat Central. it sounds like this may do the trick for you

Back