Prop help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james goddard

Reaction score
I have a 1998 force motor on 18ft bass tracker pro-18. I tore the prop up pretty good and need to get a new one.The prop on the boat now is a quick silver 2084r15. I,d like to see if I could get better performance with a different prop? I dont no what the best prop pitch would work best for my boat. Right now the boat goes a blistering 24 mph.Does that sound about right for my boat.Not sure about the rpm at full throttle I dont think it ever goes above 5 grand. Thanks Scott

I pulled the prop off today and got the #s off the back of the prop f 10.13x15p. The #s from my first post were stamped on the side of the prop.

That rig should have a 10 5/8 x 12" prop. You are WAY overpropped. Go down to a 12" SPITFIRE. The difference will be night-and-day.......;)

I thought the prop that is on there is a 10" prop with a 15 pitch

? (10.13x15p)

It is,...you're right, and we all refer to props in "pitch"...I meant {and said} 12" spitfire....your present prop is a 10.13 diameter x 15" pitch. We would refer to your prop as a "15"....;)The Spitfire would be a 12" pitch. :cool:

Sorry ,I didn,t know that first time I had to replace my prop.The prop was on the boat when I got when you say over propped was the person who owned it before trying to get more top end or bottom end out of the motor or was it just the complete wrong prop?Not for nothing but where do I find the spitfire props? Checked a few sites even typed in spitfire all they did was talk about them not where to get them?

We have them in stock. Members get a 10% discount! If interested e mail [email protected].

One reason for incorrectly propping is just a basic misunderstanding of what does what and how the motor makes its power and where within the rpm range. I'm sure he was looking for more speed. VERY detrimental to the engines life span.

Back