Prop Comps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Troy

Reaction score
Say you have two different props made from different manufacturers or different models, both have 3 blades, same pitch and made of the same metal, would they give you the same results on your boat?

No, they probably would not. Different designs, even of the same pitch, can provide different results. Heck, I've even seen two new 25 pitch props of the same brand, model and part number give different results on the same boat.

All the best,

Glenn

I agree with Glen, and to add to the reasons behind the differences even in the same brand, is to the best of my knowledge is all props are finished by hand, with no two identical

So it seems best for me to stay with the same brand and model when I prop down to get the results I'm looking for is the best route. thanks, Sean

another No. Actually if you take 2 of the same exact props, same brand, same pitch, same model, chances are they still won't run the same. No 2 props are the same out of the box, that is why it is recommended for superior performance, have your prop blueprinted and balanced by a prop shop.

I have a 25 pitch fury prop on my boat and i carry a 25 pitch tempest prop as a spare. They run completely different and the tempest significantly reduces my fuel mileage.

Back