Pro Guide 17 with a cracked hull

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Couture

Reaction score
I purchased this boat 2.5 years ago, and last summer I noticed I was taking on water. So I filled her up with water and sure enough I had a crack in the hull(around 3 inches). I notified my dealer and tracker drove up, got it, repaired it, and dropped it back off. The fixed looked good, on the outside you could not tell anything was done. This year the same thing has happened again. I noticed I was taking on water, but this time I knew right where to look and sure enough the same spot has cracked again. I am sure they are going to offer to fix it again, but I am not sure that it will work. If they couldn't fix it the first time, why is the second time going to be any different. When I sent it back the first time I had to take everything off my boat, trolling motor, transducer, any after market items(which I have a ton), whichs takes a lot of time, plus this will be the second time the floor has been pulled in 2 years. It doesn't seem to go back the same way after, and then I have more striped out screws in the floor. After this the boat will have been taken apart more times than a 10 year old boat. The only way I am going to be happy when this is done is to receive a new boat. Does anyone have any tips/advise with a similar situation? And are my expectations unreasonable?

Thanks in advance.

How about a trade inn? ........... Problem solved........or keep it with the same problem every other year which warranty will run out. I myself would get a new trade inn.

I had the same issue with my PT 175. Tracker would not help, so I pulled the deck, cleaned out the foam right at the keel and found a 6" crack in the keel weld. I cleaned up the hull and crack with a wire brush and used aluminum brazing rods with a MAPP gas torch to fill the crack from the inside, then went to the outside of the hull and brazed up both sides of the keel. Haven't had a problem since. It took me a couple of hours, but it beat losing the boat for 4-5 days or more and the cost of a welder.

i hope you replaced the foam too!

Back