price increase

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick Huard

Reaction score
I was told by two dealers that there would be a price increase on all tracker boats in the next couple of weeks. Marine USA in Worcester MA said the increase would be about $750. Dover marine in Dover NH said the increase would be between $350/$400. I guess there will be some kind of increase, how much is in question. One more thing I priced a PT 190 with a 90 opti max and got two really different prices. Marine USA $17970 Dover marine $17265. These dealers are about 60 miles from each other. I'm just wondering why there would be such a difference in price. How are the prices in other areas? I will be ordering my 190 tomorrow.

Dick - I bought my Nitro at Dover Marine and will buy my next boat (if Nitro) from them again. The owner stands behind the boats and their service technicians are really good. I know I can get a great deal on a Ranger but will more than likely stick with Nitro because of Dover Marine.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Dick, The difference is going to cost someone a deal, are you certain it's apples to apples and that there isn't something extra on the boat in Worcester? The difference sounds like breaks, hydraulic steering or seastar gauges.

My own personal experience with USA Marine in Worester is great on the service side and the USA Marine in Amherst was good also on both sales and service.

Bill, I don't think you can buy a new Ranger in MA or NH, the closest dealer now is in RH, ME & CT so your gooing to drive a few miles.

Cass :D

The boat I priced was a Pro Team 190 with a 90 opti. No extras. Dover marine also included a cover. Both of these prices were given to me over the phone, I am headed to Dover this morning to buy the boat. I hope the price was not a mistake. I will let you know.

i just picked up my pt 190/90 opti and a cover about two weeks ago the total was $18619.50 after tax title and bull freight/rigging..

over the phone price was $15995.+$350 for the cover

since then it has only gone up $125 here in IL

Thanks Cass - If I go with a Ranger, I will work with Sandy at Northern Bass to pre-order her boat for 2007 in October and buy it from her after the 2007 season. I also know another semi-pro who will let me do the same with him but the issue would be service after purchase. That is why I am leaning towards staying with Nitro and Dover Marine. I had one problem with the way they handled appointments this past year but they took care of it right away.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Back