Prayer Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed G

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update you on John Sappington, the FLW Pro who had the boating accident. He came home yesterday, and is doing pretty well. He's had LOTS of company since he came in, so I haven't gone over to bother him yet, but the guys who brought his boat and truck in last night said he's gonna be ok. He's really sore, which is to be expected, and is wearing the halo brace which I believe he'll have to wear for three months. Thanks so much for your prayers. Hopefully he'll be back to fishing soon!

God Bless!

Ed

Thanks for the info, Ed.

Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery for him. egMike

Glad to hear he is going to be ok, but can someone explain how something like that could have happened? Is it a freak accident or could it have ben avoided?

Cass :)

You get in some areas where ferry's are operating, on smaller bodies of water (smaller meaning not very big/wide), and they use a cable to traverse between shores.

It's probably one of those things whereby the local's all know about it, but others may not. That's probably the case with Sappington.

As always, the driver of the boat must take precautions on navigating unknown water. For the most part, I think it goes under the term of 'freak accident'.

Luckily, it did not result in someone's death. While serious, it looks like he will recover. However, I can only imagine what it will feel like next time he's in an unfamilar place and wants to 'run'.

Hopefully, there are some additional 'warning' signs posted, regarding the cable/ferry.

Tex

Back