Potomac PB

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G8rmac

Reaction score
Played hooky from work today and went out near Blue Plains in D.C. Water was about 49 degrees. Caught one close to 2 lbs on a crank, then switched to a small spinnerbait. Dragged it on the bottom near some rocks and thought I had hung it on the bottom until the bottom started moving away! Couple minutes later I netted my Potomac best, 4 1/2 lbs and 20". He looks dead in the pic, but he was released alive and well!

7 Nov 11.jpg

You're right about the plant Tox, I don't like to think about the things I've seen float out of that area! :blink:

Definitely not the place to rinse your hands but always pays off with a fish or three.

Mac - great pic! Also in one of my favorite spots on the Potomac. Haven't been there all season (sigh). So how many licenses/registrations do you need to fish the river these days? :lol:

Yeah nice one, that's how the big ones pose for picture, be real still and open mouth and maybe I'll end up back in my world.....:p

Jim-Still two licenses, VA and DC, but you have to register with NOAA! Because you might catch a striper in the tidal part of the river, they want you to register with the Feds. Don't understand the reason, but at least VA has a link to register when you buy your VA license.

Thanks Mac. Maybe I will invest in a DC license for next year afterall!

We need to get out again - its been too long . . .

Back