POSTING PICTURES

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
Before I even try, any advice on posting pictures on this site? Have done some on other sites but it's not always as easy as some....thanks, kenny

Some ppl can't see your pic's if you post them here. You have to add them to your library so they can see them. I like watching at some fishing pic's.

Off the subject but Kenny I just looked at your library pic of your boat. Once you added the SS prop did it make any difference? I have the same boat and motor.

Kenny, click on the little picture icon next to your name. In your member library, fumble your way uploading a picture to the library. It's pretty easy.

When posting a message, the little picture folder icon below the message box will call up a window of images in your library. Pick one and the code for inserting it into your message will be pasted into the message box for you.

Hope that helps.

Yes...PLESAE ALL, put em' in your library if you want all to see.

The firewalls that are built in here at work suck;):lol:

Tom, When I bought the boat it had the ss prop so I don't know if it makes a big difference. People that change to a ss usually say it does but how much, you got me.kenny

When I click on the picture as Rich says, I get the shot of my boat so I don't see how to add any pictures. I wanted to show the group how I added two rod holders (vertical) to the boat plus a garage rod holder I made out of PVC. If interested, email me at [email protected] and I will send you the shots.....kenny

Click on the icon that says,"select an image from your library"...select it and that's it.

Like this....

DSC08187.jpg

Actually, I find this site the easiest to post pictures. No third party like Photobucket is required.

First thing.... download the picture you want to post by going to your library. You get into your library by clicking the picture folder icon next to your name. You will see, "Upload a File" and next to it a button that says, "Choose File". When you click the "Choose File" button it will bring up your list of pictures in whatever program you use. I highly you convert your picture from a bitmap (bmp.) file to a jpeg (jpg.). Jpeg takes up much less space and folks with dial-up will really appreciate it. I looked at the picture in your folder and it is up there around 1.4 million bytes... that's too big. Convert it to a jpeg and get that down to under 100,000 bytes Also, with a jpeg file, the NTOWS image program will allow you to downscale the image even further by clicking on the "Scale Image" button. That will allow you to scale you image to fit the screen. That way you don't have pictures so large that the viewer can't see all of it without scrolling up and down and all around. Sometimes you have to play with it a little. I digress... once you choose the image from your list on your computer click the "Upload" button. In a moment or two your picture with be in your library. Once it's in your library you'll want to post it in a message. Do that by clicking the picture folder button right under the text box where you are writing. That will shoot you over to your library but it will look a little different, with "Select an image for your message" at the top. There are little selection buttons beneath each image, selection on and it will magically appear in your post. If it too big or too small delete it and go back and reload it. Another thing to pay attention to is where you place your picture. If you click the picture folder button while you're at the far right side of the text box the picture will show up waaaaaaaay over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
car ride.jpg

So, always give your viewer a break and place your picture on it's own line....

like this....

First Mate.jpg

This is also a good plan when you're posting more than one picture. Place them one on top of another instead of side by side. That way folks won't have to scroll side to side to see them.

I know I've gone on too long here so I'll stop here. Hopefully this will help any new members or anybody who has never tried to post a picture on NTOWS.

SoonerFan, I took your advice and reduced the picture of my boat and now I have more room to post other pictures. I will give it a try this morning....thanks for your help, kenny

Back