Possible Trade Deal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim m

Reaction score
Before you all cuss me out for this,at least listen to the deal....I have a guy I know that has a 1988 Skeeter 175SF that is fully loaded with a 150 XR6 w/ J/P & S/S prop,3 depthfinders,,,the works...Now i didnt believe it until i seen it,This boat looks like it has never hit the water,HONESTLY>>Now the deal...He wants to trade it to me for my 95 Rick Clunn Nitro that has had a few upgrades but none of the factory upgrades like the Skeeter,,My seats need upholstered,thats it...He wants some boot as well. Like 2 grand...I know how partial you all are to Nitro,s ,I own 1 so i am the same way...I am just looking at the new condition and it has only had 1 owner and it has the size and power i need to start tourney fishing....The guy needs the money for his business,and doesnt want to loose having a boat....So i want opinions,AND i know most of you are good @ giving them...Now let the beatings begin.......

I am looking at the extra 7 years on the Skeeter? Your choice of course but I think not. Even up maybe? But 7 years of sitting on the trailer is just as bad as 7 years on the water if it's not taken care of?

BF

Stay clear of the deal. At least that is my 2 cents worth. If his older boat is that clean and unused why would he want another he would not have time or money to use.. If he needs money for his busisnes how much help is 2000.00 when he could sell it outright and help so much more. I belive in the old saying if its to good to be true it probley is.

You know what you guys are right,I feel guilty for even thinking of really doing the deal...I just need the strict punishment i knew i would get from all my Nitro family out there for wanting to go wayward and all...I believe he went way upside down when he bought it,his wife said he wouldnt sell it for less than 7,500...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:......I need to have my seats redone on mine to make it like new,plus i did a nada comparison...Anybody out there had their seats done before that can tell me how much it cost them,,,And anybody know of a upholst. guy North of Atlanta...

OUCH! skeeters ride terrible.......I rode in one on Lake Anna with Briggs(Guide) and that was a 20 footer..........Skeeter is not a boat I'd buy, I'd stay with the Nitro

Really had my mind made up when i made the post just needed the advise of you guys to re assure me of what i already knew....Thanks

Back