Pline Flouroclear

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I fished a tournament today and lost a check. I broke off a HUGE fish underneath a laydown and lost a 3 1/2 pound fish on a tube in a weedbed. I also lost a keeper on a pointer when I went to bring him over the side of the boat and not waiting for the net. I did manage to get one small keeper in the boat. It went 1.2 and I finished 5th or 6th...fishing was tough and it was windy/stormy today.

The reason I posted this was I am still having trouble keeping the PLine Flouroclear from breaking at the knot. It is 10 pound test. I have tried three different knots and even put super glue on the knot. I haven't had any trouble from the 20 pound flouroclear. I also broke off a pointer in a brush pile due to the knot breaking when I was barely pulling on it.

I came home and pulled all the pline 10# off and put Big Game on (what I used to use). I am going to switch to all Pline soon but won't be using the small flouroclear. (I haven't tried the PLine flourocarbon yet).

I can't afford to lose fish like this. I realise the fish on the pointer was my fault and the tube fish pulled off. Is anyone else is having trouble with the PLine Flouroclear in smaller pound tests? I like Pline and I won't quit using it I just don't like the flouroclear in the small sizes.

BJ

You know, Mr. BJ, I almost never have a problem with line breaking at the knot - and I tend to use lighter test than others.

I assume that you're wetting the knot with saliva before tightening it down so that it's lubricated?

It also sounds to me like you get a bit excited when you've got a fish on! Try taking your time a bit..... Play the fish..... Work him up to the boat..... Maybe even go to a more limber rod..... If you're going to break the line, the most likely spot is the knot. No matter what you may do, it will still be the weak point. Just try to not push it to it's limit.....

P.S.

You may also want to try just a regular mono with a bit more give and flexibility to it.....

My moto is get the fish in the boat and then play with it. I have never had trouble with the knot breaking or fish breaking until I put this line on. I am back to using the Big Game.

I need to go out to my aunts pond just to fish and practice landing techniques.

BJ

Yesterday on my second time out fishing this year my buddy landed a 4 lb+ fish on the 10 lb flouroclear with no problems. After that he caught atleast 10 more fish with no problems what soever. I was useing 8 lb flouroclear and I also had no problems with it catching 13 fish and never retieing but once or twice.

I love the flouroclear.

T.S.

Back