Pistons for compartment door

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
I would like to add a piston or hing to the large front compartment door in my 188 Sport. Without a mechanism to keep the door open, it is an extremely akward task to keep the door open and look for items in the compartment. I'm looking for a recommendation on a brand of piston, how to size one, and any tips on installing one.

Thanks

Paul

Paul, In the Grab Bag section under Misc. there is a listing by M.Trepper for adding a spring to hold open the rod compartment door. Looked like an easy fix and a good solution. Check it out. Wendell

The spring is an easy install and an easy project. I see they sell it in two different lengths now, the mounting brackets come with them. The gas springs seem a bit overkill to me.

Spanky -

Using the spring that M. Trepper used sound like the right way to go and worth a try. I couldn't find them on the Bass Pro site. Where did you see them?

Thanks

Paul

Paul - Call any Tracker Parts department and ask for the Spring lid holder from the Pro Crappie 175 Livewell.

Wendal - Just call me Trep, TrepMan, Michael or King Tin!!!! Not M. Trepper! that's too formal!! LOL

Back