Picture of Deck Layout

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Clark,

Per your request here are pictures of the deck layout on the 488VS.

Deck 2.jpg
Deck.jpg
dash.jpg

I like it. I like how the center hole has the big lid like mine. My friends 482 has a smaller lid there and a bigger opening in the center. I like that so I can put 10 3700's in there and still put life jackets and other stuff up in front of that. I finally got my tackle labeled and the way I want it.

There is enough deck there that really you wouldn't have to have a deck extension. Thanks. Clark

Nice arerial photography...how much did it cost to rent the helicopter?:D

Good looking boat...I'm green with envy.

Harpo

Tex, thanks yes it was taken care of, except for the taking on water thing LOL.

Harpo, that's from my Pickup truck bed,

Here's an aerial from another view. (My boys tree fort thingy)

maiden voyage 3.jpg

Be better If a Chebby was pulling It . Bwwhahahaah :p:p:p

A Chebby, oh man, there is a Chevy part in that picture, the Camper Plug!, LOL we had to alter the plug to make it work on the Dodge.

see that will show ya...HA HA I really like the colors..Nice boat..I think you got a great deal...It will hold the value those are hard to find....JR

Thanks JR, what do you think, should I take the ladder off the transom?

BTW- Again thanks for all your help when I was spinning in circles with the "which one should I get".

and like you said, this boat is soooo easy to get on the trailer, I can't believe it, once you get the bow centered it cannot move to the left or right becuase of the way the very center of the hull and pad fit inside the bottom bunks.

I may have to adjust the wire control for the livewells, seems that one livewell takes in water and also drains water when on recirc. I read in the owners manual that it may need adjsutment of the wire the controls the flapper.

You mentioned that the 488's are hard to come by, this one is a 30th anniv edition, the seat emblems have been faded and worn out, but from what I understand I can order new ones and they just iron onto the seat, in any event I plan on holding onto this boat for a good long time. :)

I met up with Sim and his wife at Cumberland at night right after I took my livewell valve apart the night before. What I did late at night was put it back together and after leaning over (blood rushing to head) one of the rubber flaps was sticking out. With not actually being able to look at it I screwed it down. When I met up with Sim I slipped the boat in the water and immediatly my bilge pump started pumping water. Sim said did you forget the plug? I thought no I remember doing that but I was curious myself at that point, I pulled the boat out, tightned the plug a little more and it still did it. So I had to pull it out again and finally found out the problem. I bet they were thinking I was out there. I am usually carefull with everything I do like that but I slipped. So be careful with that valve and never take it apart on the water as you will have a pretty good water flow then. I also found out that I didn't have a short enough screw driver with me in my boat tool box to work on it. Sim bailed me out on that one.

I am thinking of adding a ladder to mine for safety reasons. I think they look good.

Clark

Thanks for the Heads up Clark on the livewell thing, I was glad you confirmed what I was seeing with the top valve shut all the way tight on the livewell, seems like you get a lot more bubbles with it shut.

The Ladder? I dunno, it makes it look a little like a pleasure boat, but there are some people on this board who swear by them. TomMac, who I have met up and fished with says he would not own a bass boat without it. I will most likely pull my off, not sure yet.

Keep the Ladder..........They come In handy..I will let you know on the decals....

Chris post me a picture of the seat decals.....I may have them someplace.....they cost around 12.00 I Think each but I have to check....Need to see the pic......

Back