OK Snowman - what kind of boat is it??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
I saw your post on BFHP and I KNOW it's not a Nitro!!! So, you abandoned your family and bought a what??? I can tell it's not a Ranger or a Triton. Did a little surfing and it looks like a BassCat? I think that topcap cut out with the grab handle is a BassCat exclusive? So tell us about her since you posted pic's first on BFHP instead of here!!!

You're up early, Michael!

Trying to catch "the worm"?

Not a nice way to think of Snowman. LOL!!

BassCat it is... that pic is from the dealer...when she's home (today), I'll post some pics of her.

What I don't understand is why you'd admit to being over there. I'm already the red-headed step-child, so I can admit to such things. We DO expect better from you though :).

Snowman.....

It's Trepper's way of "living on the Wild Side"!

Kinda like his own little peep show!

A trip to "the dark side"!

Seeing how "the little people" live!

A field trip to a seminary!

Hanging out with Guns and Roses!

Which BassCat did you get? I have often admired the Bay Cat and wondered if they couldn't produce a walleye boat layout on that hull... The PanterraIII is my choice if only for its deeper freeboard... But, they are all very nice boats and great performers...

Snow - ALWAYS gotta check out what the lowlife is doing !!! LOL

You can never have TOO much information. HECK a lot of those guys ARE knowledgable on boats, motors and stuff. See us Nitro/Tracker owners don't hold a grudge against those LESS fortunate then uss!!!LOL

me! - Just ask Eli "The Sun's up Daddy, get out of bed" Trepper!!! LOL He came in at barely 6:30am this morning!!

Looks like the Trepper family will hit the water tomorrow after Sunday school, we're all gonna (assuming things go as planned) explore more of the Chattahoochie and do some trout fishing too!!

Use the olive wooley buggers!

Trout love olive wooley buggers!

Fish them on ultra light spinning. Put a bit of split shot about 6" above the bugger to get them down to the bottom. Just slowly bounce them along.

(Olive in upper left.)
wooleybugger.jpg

We'll try it me! Usualy we get great results (as Rich can attest) from meps spinners and rooster tails along with rapala stickbaits. But since the whole family will be out, and beka hasen't hooked a fish in over a year (she hasen't gone fishing either) we'll do it!!

It's the Pantera Classic "special" with last year's 200EFI (2.5L). It's about $5k less than the 3.0L EFI because Merc offered BassCat a simply wonderful deal on these motors and BassCat worked with some of their other suppliers to put this deal together.

Oh, and Staci... thanks SO much for teaching all of us what color "olive" is... bwahahaha

Key Snow - Just curious since i've only bought 1 new boat, what made you sell the repo'd 911 and buy a new Cat?

Trep, here goes.

I had a bad case of the "I wants". I knew if the powerhead blew again on that opti that I would have a pretty boat sitting in the driveway. I thought I wanted a Minn Kota and a hand-control and got both. Figured out I wanted a Motorguide foot-control. I was going to eat about $300 or more to make the change. I wanted a GPS. I wanted to go faster. I wanted a boat that would fit in the garage. blah, blah, blah. Oh, and I wasn't using it enough.

Basscat came out with a WHOPPER of a package on the 2004 Pantera Classic with the 2003 EFI Merc (they introduced the 3.0L EFI this year and had to discount the remaining 2.5L pretty heavily).

What REALLY sold me on the Basscat (other than liking them already) was a guy trying to sell a certificate for a Nitro 898 (or 896, whichever is made now). He said it was a 24k boat, and he'd take 20k for it. I figured I'd try 18k and see. So, I went to Nitro's site and I upgraded the motor from the 150xr6 (or maybe 200xr6) to the 200 EFI, put a jackplate on it, got the larger trolling motor, the onboard charger, the fish finders, the IMCO rachet tiedowns, hydrallic steering, etc. I went over the 24k price tag (paying 18k for the boat). The Basscat Pantera Classic with all of that was 24k (the special). BassCat or Nitro (non 9-series no less). No, really, BassCat or Nitro... BassCat is cheaper... BassCat or Nitro... NEVER heard a horror story about BassCat's customer service. Had a small horror story of my own with Nitro... Nitro or BassCat...

Now seriously. Which would YOU have chosen... BassCat's 6k cheaper (18k (from 24k sticker to start), plus adds to get back to 24k).

If ever there were a no-brainer, I own it :)

Haa! A no-brainer...sounds like a Snowman pattern if ever there was one.

Really is a great looking boat! Congratulations.

Harpo

Back