Oh,... this would just BITE!!!

• Thread starter Mark Hofman [IMG]http://ozarkanglers.com/images/20
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Two guys at Taneycomo suffered this tragedy last weekend. Took five hours to get the boat back upright. I don't see any lower unit sticking up, so I wonder what happened to the outboard.
boat_tipped.jpg

Good question. Reckon they hit a submerged log and went

airborne with a twist? Could be a new olympic event.

The owner of the resort wrote: "A couple of guys were pulling into the dock for a lunch break when they felt their feet getting wet. By the time they got into the slip, the boat was going down. We worked for 5 hours to get it back upright and finally did. It was a tough one."

That sounds, to me, like they made it. I don't know what kind of boat it is, but by the construction of the hull, especially back by the stern, I'd say it was fiberglass.

I stepped down off of my deck one day while fishing on Deep Creek Lake and right into ankle deep water.It's not a good feeling.

I ran the boat up onto the nearest shore and let the bilge pump run for about ten minutes till it emptied out.After running back to the ramp and putting it on the trailer,I discovered about a ten inch crack in one of the welds.Luckily I had a roll of duct tape in the truck and finished out the day.

Steve,

You now qualify as a "Master Craftsman"... You have learned the most important two rules of, maintenance and repair,,, If it moves and it shouldn't...duct tape... And, if it doesn't move and it should... WD-40.

Carlos, Red Green show is a Canadian show on public TV stations. Takes place in the backwoods of Canada, very funny.

I like Red's quote "if the women don't find you attractive,they should at least find you handy"

Back