nov222

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al cannia

Reaction score
I like to fish Walleyes too out of my NX750, has anyone installed rod holders for drifting with spinner rigs(what type did you install?) And what drift sock should I use to keep the boat drifting evenly, I want to stop the bow from going with the wind.

Al...

Does your boat have grab rails along the back? Some guys install rod holder on the grab rails...

Also, get a copy of the Boater's World catalog and look for ideas in there. There are lots of rod holder solutions. I know guys with downriggers on bassboats... So, anything is possible.

Have you got some planer boards to get your baits out away from the boat? How about a trolling plate on the main motor? And, you might just use your electric for trolling... We run cranks and crawler harnesses at 1.4-3.0 mph... generally at the 1.4-2.0 range. Get a copy of precision trolling and "go nuts"!!!!

I like to drift with the wind on windy days for walleyes, but the boat always heads down wind bow first, thought maybe a drift sock would stop that and if anyone here has experience with windsocks on a NX750.Was at Okoboji monday and did well on eyes and a few pike drifting, would have been easier with a drift sock and rodholders.Lots of BIG boats on the lake and wind was blowin about 20 or better, big waves and the boat handled it like a champ.

al,

Ever get out to Zorinsky? Manawa? There is a guy over on BFHP that does really well on the Z. I used to waterski in Manawa. If you fell you could pretty much stand up anywhere on the lake!!LOL!!

TOXIC

Yeah but boji is in IOWA!!LOL!! I have been there but not fished it. You should get with Fatrap to smack some Wild Ditch Parrots. Seems he does really well. I really want to get out there and do the same and will look him up if I get back the NE way this year for a NU game (hopefully during IA's Wild Ditch Parrot season!).

TOXIC

Back