No aft compartment lock

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
I'm wondering why there's not a lock installed on the aft compartment of a PT175 where the batteries and battery charger are located. Seems like that would be a pilferable (sp) area if parked overnight at a motel, etc. Guess I'm gonna have to correct that situation :)

Struck me as strange also. All of the forward compartments (rod, dry storage) have locks.

Never had a problem...BTW none of the ProTeams I ever owned had rear locks. I usually throw the cover on it to deter anyone...bottom line...If they want it bad enough, I don't locks will help.

That's true, if they want it they will find a way to get it.

That's true, if they want it they will find a way to get it.

i always thought that compartment should be quickly accessable in case of emergency. just my guess. stan

Not to be a "nay sayer", but boat locks only keep honest men honest. I haven't seen any, other than the Loc-R-Bar type, keep a compartment truly secure. A determined thief will get into your boat compartment, given just a very little time. I do suggest using the locks, if only to give a thief reason to look for an easier target elsewhere.

Back