Nitro Horn

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my horn on my 640 has died. It is the one that is combined with the socket for the front nav lights. Where can i get a replacement?

When mine broke I went to Tracker. You will need to get a new socket Horn-Light combo They dont just sell the horn If I remember it was about $90.

Any info on who i can contact in the states? I mate here in Australia has been quoted $250 and thats from Tracker Austrlia.

Have you pulled it out to make sure it is not an electrical issue? I can call my dealer and see how much one would cost. What year is the boat and what is your postal zip code, I will check on shipping also.

USPS flat rate is about $44 to ship to down under, maybe cheaper in a smaller box.

Carry a spare "compressed air" horn in your safety bag along with your flares....some coast guard or marine sherrif's will tell you those standard horns are not loud enough...especially when they get water logged!! (BUT,..I don't know what's required legally in Australia either,..so you may be okay!)

Another quick tip; zip tie a plastic whistle (referee type) to each of your life preservers used or on board. If your horn craps out, it satisfies the USCG requirement on most vessels discussed here and can come in handy in an overboard situation at night or in heavy fog. It's 5 minutes and $5 you'll never regret should the need arise. ;)

They say you can get it in two seperate pieces, light only and base only, and both together. I imagined it to be like mine, the Perko one piece. Anyway, light only-$29.36, base only $64.65, both together $67.49, all US dollars of course and that includes the taxes. You may want to send me a picture of yours before you commit.

Latest posts

Back