Nice Crack!

• Thread starter Brian G [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8489/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian G

Reaction score
check out the crack in the hull on my 2003 PT 185.
P1010179.jpg

Brian,

have you contacted your dealer yet??? If not get on the phone and get the ball rolling to get it fixed. Where is Forest City?? ED

It would be nice to have a larger pic to see where in the hull the crack is?

BF

Tracker let me upgrade to a 700LX. there is actually two cracks. Both are port side, the other one is right at the keel. Tracker treated me pretty fair thru out the ordeal, but the dealer, Northeast Marine in Blakely, PA., all he wanted to do was make money out of the deal. He lied to me so many times theres not enough room to type them all.

I know how you feel Brian when it comes to the dealer. You know there is such a thing as "bad material":( Aluminum and Copper have a tendency to get impurities in the metals when the are melted down or can get contaminents during the rolling process itself.

I had a bad batch of copper tubing that a friend and I put in a house....couldn't sweat the joints and had to tear it all back out.

From the location it seems it could have also been caused by a "bad weld" or what we call in the shops "burn thru".

brian,which one of the "boys" at northeast marine were you dealing with,the father or the son?

as i said before,i would not go into there for anything even if he was the only one in the area who has it and cheaper.been burnt once by him,wont go back,neither will a lot of others i know too.

Brian,

How did you find the crack? Was it tacking on water, or just from inspection. How can I avoid this happening to my 185. I almost got my 185 from those guys.

The boat was tied up to the dock wed. night and it was sunk thur. morning!!!! I dealt with the father but the son started to get just as bad! If I did't contact Tracker myself I never would have gotten the upgrade to a Nitro! As far as stopping this from happening to your Pt 185, The only thing I hit was water!!!!!!!!!!Tracker knows it was a defect because they replaced the boat for free!!!! The boat was also leaning port side as it was going down the lake. The dealer(son) said it was weight distribution but i beg to differ! I think there were bronken welds inside the boat and everytime I brought it up on plain it twisted and flexed the aluminum back and forth until it cacked! Tracker didn't say what happened and probably never will! If anybody has problems of the same don't hesitate to e-mail. Good Luck!

thats why i wont deal with either of them,or frequent the place.he badmouthed tracker boats before he had the dealership,now he has them,they are tops.

what lakes you fish round here?prompton,belmont?

All the lakes around here, I belong to 2 bass clubs. Northeast Anglers, and Sunset Anglers. We also fish alot of NY. lakes.

cool.me personally been fishing belmont when time permits.get some nice walleye out of there.fished belmont quite often,plus lower woods. nice eyes in there,also some nice bass come out of there also.

ever deal with mike up at baits-r-us?real cool guy.always stop in on my way through to belmont to shoot the breeze with him.good guy.

I have welded mine so many times its not funny. this winter i will be welding about 12 new spots. Mine is a pt 175 and it cracks around the rivets and edges. As for sinking, invest in a auto bilge pump and the problem will be solved. when you have to leave it in the water overnight it will pump the water out automaticly. Just leave the switch in the on position.

mike

Back