New Trolling motor Mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 05 nitro 640 that came with the standard motorguide tour series 43lb. The mount is very rickedy and clunky and i am looking at just replacing the mount. It is the "Standard 07 Bow" Model. What models will fit my existing motor?

thanks for your help guys.

Make sure all the mounting screws are tight, they do get rickedy if they get loose. When I changed my motor, I got the gator mount. I bent the snot out of my last motor shaft in Canada. Not a good place for that to happen. Luckily I haven't hit anything to see how well it works.

Gene

I had the same mount on my NX750, it was not too bad for the 43, but it did not work when I put a 70 on there!

Two things on this subject.

One see if you can get to the back side of the screws to unbolt them. On my NX750 I could not so I cut the bolts off with a recip saw, and nicked the top cap in the process(bummer). I used the MG bolts with rubber bushings to remount. Be sure to keep them tight.

Do not, I repeat do not buy a Gatorflex mount, they are veritable piece of dung. Mine lost the pin in the door and I had to replace it with all thread rod.

Aussie - Is the "mount is very rickedy and clunky" a problem where its attached with 4 isolator bolts to the boat/top-cap or another part? I had a problem with my 50lb motor not having the islolator bolts holding well, ended up going with a set of easy to install toggle bolts keeping the rubber isolator parts to make sure it was bounce protected and has been solid since I did it, even in heavy chop/rough water.

Don't know if you can get these over in Oz, but I used these. It allows you to positiion the toggle bolt below the deck/top-cap (as like E5Zero I can not get even my skinny arms under the deck up there), and used the isolator bolt rubber center and top to keep the motor from scratching/hurting the top-cap.

yhst-2728692162660_2067_8850303

Hi there, my problem lies in the over all build of the mount the slide pins that go through where the shaft mount connects to the main frame is very loose. Basically everywhere a slide pin goes on the mount seems to have heaps of play and the whole thing rattles and clunks when in use. Looks like where all the pins go there needs to be washers to reduce the play.

Has anyone done this?

Latest posts

Back