New toy is here.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Hamer

Reaction score
Well, the new boat is finally here (will post pics later). Took it out yesterday for the first time with one of the guys from my club. We pulled up on the first spot of the day and Mike tells me to wait a minute as he wants to do something first. He reaches into his bag and comes up on the front deck with me. He then says that we needed to christen the boat right. He pulls out a single serving bottle of champagne and pops the top, hands it to me. I take a small sip, as it is only 6:00 am. he then takes a sip and pours two or three drops on the carpet. Needless to say we did ok during the morning. Although Mike caught the first fish off of the boat, I did manage to catch my first fish as well three others. Mike had me beaten number wise, but I had him beaten by weight. What a day. I am now the proud owner of a Triton TR-20. It is true what I have heard, Glass has class. Now I need to learn how to drive this thing. LOL

That's a great story. Very nice of him to think of it. The driving thing will come. I've had my Stratos for about 3 months, and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I can now get up on plane either by hammering it, or by taking it easy (requirement from wife). Also learning how to handle the trim (with no gauge); control porposiing, chine walk, etc.

Congratulations!

Tex

That's cool!!..Champagne at 6am!!.....Hey Mini,...when can we christen MY boat together??!!..LOL...

Yeah but Mac, he said a SMALL single serving size of champagne and they split it. You and mini jugging a gallon of Jack does NOT constitute a Christening! LOL That says bail money!

Actually,....Mini and I do NOT drink at all when we're on the water,...other than water or gatoraide.....(I've had an occasional brewski with a sandwich before while fun fishin' before), but I was just kiddin'....Neither one of us drink and fish,...as hard as that may seem to believe,..it's true!

We save ourselves for "shore duty"...LOL

Seeing Mini drink, I know! I believe you. There is NO way he could hold a drink in each hand AND a rod and fish. Not humanly possible.

Latest posts

Back