New Rain Suit

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
I am looking at a new rain suit for 06. My old one is blue in color. I was just wondering if color really matters as far as rain suits go. I am partial to red color jackets, but don't want to freak out the fish if it matters. Comments anyone?

I don't think it matters, the fish are probably too busy laughing at us for not having the sense to go inside when it rains...

I have the tech2o series from Gander mountain. Great set! I wanted the green but they didn't have it in my size, so got the red.

Rich D

I have fished with guys who have worn bright yellow, red and camo. They all catch fish. I believe that only fishing shallow, clear water with a bright sun and no wind may affect the fish if your close enough, or if you were to fall in the lake! that bright suit may look like a musky bobber and scare them off! :eek:

Get what you want, I am a Harvick/ dale jr fan, so I'mk always in Reeses orange(harvicks bush team) or bud red!!!! Never had a problem catchin fish in those colors

I do like to mix them up...nobody on my boat will have the same color:lol:

I have a green/black one, but I'm not sure it matters. I bought it, for I thought it would not show dirt as much.

Are you planning just a rain suit, or one of the better gore-tex models - such as the BPS 100mph suits or guidewear from Cabelas (that's what I have and it's great).

Tex

I prefer to get naked when It rains..The fish go crazy, start jumping around and I usually get more to land In the boat that way than I can catch..BWahahhhhaaahahah:D:D Jr

Who all in here just threw up a little in their mouths? Thanks JR.. .hehehe:D

Blue and green blend into the water if you are ever stranded in open water. I get red so it is easier to be seen by rescue personell. Not that I think I ever will need it, but it is part of the decision in my book.

Mini

No better way to claim a spot than fishing naked. Everyone around you will leave... or at least you hope.

...Back on the subject....

I think color above the water line matters, that's why i wear i raingear that makes me look like a giant bluegill. I have increased my tournament catches by 35%.

Heck it never rains in Texas anyways.

I think jr maybe on to something there. I have notice i catch lot of fish with a little worm 4in or less.

The BPS 100 mph suits were on sale at Auburn Hills. I bought the jacket on sale awhile back and just picked up the pants,they were $50 off. Colors don't match but fish don't care,it's a great product.

Back