new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Murphy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a new member and I just bought my 2007 18ft DC Tundra team edition. WOW I love this boat.

I live on the Alabama gulf coast. I fish for bass, bream, perch, as well as inland saltwater

(trout, redfish, flounder) I also make runs to the barrier islands (12 miles offshore)

Why don't they promote this boat on the gulf coast. It is a great all around boat.

I havn't made a run to the islands yet, What kind of seas will this boat handle?

Troy

Congrats on the new boat! But :eek:, isn't it a bit late to be asking what kind of seas it will handle? ;)

Marty,

I did a tremendous amount of research before my purchase. I found out about this site after the purchase. I just wanted one more opinion on the seas this boat can handle.

I have allready been in 2 footers and it handled it better than my bayboat.

Troy

Troy - Welcome aboard!!! My only concern would be in the salt water is how the carpet and wiring will hold up, unless Tracker offers a "coastal" package with the sealed wiring connections.

I've LOVED the Tundra and have heard nothing but great stuff about how it handles.

Welcome,

You are going to love that boat...

Are your TM and big motor salt ready? Where will you be launching?.....point being that salt (even brackish) on anything other than a galvanized trailer will eat it alive. What size is the big motor? As for the boat...Have fun!!

TOXIC

ps.....Welcome.

Then I ain't tellin you anything you don't already know!!:lol: Flush that motor out after trips in the salt (and the TM too!!).

TOXIC

Flush EVERYTHING out as soon as you can after a brackish/salt water fishing trip and when you think you're flushed it enough, do it some more...I've lived on a salt water river and the Chesapeake Bay all my life and have never had a problem. Other than that....

Welcome aboard Troy..I think you'll like the site and I sure wish I could get a ride in a Tundra. I haven't heard anything bad about them...Get us some pictures when you get a chance.

Uncle Billy