My Dream boat! With Picture!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK all this talk of Tin vs. Glass has me dreaming of a new boat - NOTE - Beka has NOT given clearance, and this one doesn't exist anyway- YET!! Oh, and Tracker - Feel free to use this as a design point! This is something i'd love to have for the next 10-15 years till the kids get out of the house, then it's on to a 20ft bay boat!!!

1. 18ft with flip-tongue trailer (so it will fit in my 21 ft garage) galvanized.

2. Aluminium for weight and tow vehicle savings.

3. 1 baitwell for the boys crappie minows, daddy's striper minows, and Daddy's saltwater shrimp/mullet. Divided Livewell.

4. Standard pedestal seats on both front/rear decks.

5. Rear bench seat, front cushins (back rest and bottom) infront of the walkthru windshield.

6. Standard fishing storage, rod lockers, ski locker, cooler...

So, what do I get?? Nothing on the market i've found yet, so here is my very rough picture (color's aren't right yet) of the perfect boat - based on the current Tundra 18:

Dream%20Boat.bmp

By the way, the only changes I made were adding the bench rear seat, taking out the front livewell and adding the cushins up front!

See those cup holders Tox, you can put TWO glasses in there!!!

Size is limited to my garage, I don't let my babies sit outside!

Your size is DEFINATELY limited allright! LOL hey Tox, notice how the tin boats keep trying harder and harder like glass and NOT vice versa.......why's that you suppose? Still a nice rig Trep. Although small like Tox said, but I think a bit BIG for a flyweight like you. Good thing it has the windshield or you might blow away. What ever will you with all that HP at your fingertips? And the guy that says he wants the better gas useage a tin boat can offer is going to a big 150 or 175 on a boat that weighs only 200 lbs less then the comparable glass??????? You smell that Tox??????? HYPOCRACY is in the air! They're slowly but surely coming to grips with the truth. There may be hope yet! Bigger IS better!

Rob - IF they made this boat AND I had the $$ it would be a 175 opti! Like I said, the size is more related to making sure I keep all my boats inside safe, dry and warm during our COLD winters! Can't keep my dogs or my boats outside, that is just CRUEL!

Cup holders, har, har, har....can't use the cup hoders in my boat, the wind sucks the contents out goin down the lake. And I suppose you want a vanity mirror on the glove box lid (with a light of course).

TOXIC

Yeah, and WHERE oh where will he stow his skirts while running? And I don't mean spinnerbait skirts. See Trep, glass guys are like wolves, when one of the lesser weaker species (tin) falls or strays from his herd, we're there as a pack to devour him! errrrrr! hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa! But ya know Tox, this Trep fella is a bit thin boned and scrawny, maybe we should just use him to feed the young! LOL It will be a good hunting lesson to them, he has enough sprint to make it somewhat like a chase, but is so feable, they're sure to catch him. Even the smallest of the pack, the 16.5 footers, can catch him!

I'd buy one! That's just the king of boat I'm looking for, But I think a 19' or 20' would be better. MY boat is stored outside due to a tiny POS garage (2 bays and extremely poorly designed.)

Nah Rob, not worth the time to reel him in.....he is fightin' pretty good though....Let's go mess with some of the "Big Boys", Avalanche owners....

Hmmmm...why, now that I think about it, I've only seen 1......go figure?? Wonder why?

TOXIC

No excuse, You could fit a 18" glass boat in that garage. I would not keep a tin boat in the gargae, the wife might mistake and put it out for recycling. Hard to tell the diffence between a pile of empty beer cans and a tin boat.

She might think I got some fancy microbrews on the last trip to the package store. :p

Storage problems? Just do what I'm doing! Build a garage to keep the boat in. I'm using an excuse to add onto the house to get my wife a bigger kitchen. Little does she know that the garage will be built around housing a 929 for future upgrades! + additonal space for what ever high speed aircraft carriers come out next for glass bass boats. I'm still waiting for the first atomic powered outboard.

Trep,

Sounds like you need a Fish n Ski!! I addressed your concerns:

1. An 18' boat with with swing away tongue will not likely fit in your 21' garage if you get a real motor and don't want trim it down every time because YOU will forget one foggy morning!!

2. Aproperly rigged aluminum will only be a few hundred pounds less than glass. Besides, you need to get a manly tow vehicle anyway!

3. Fish-n-skis have two livewells - use one for your bait or your fish if you can tell the difference! Throw em all back anyways!

4. There are two holes to mount the seats of your choice or use the ones that come with the boat - the two side back seats are removable for fishing seats front and rear. I added two extra seats to mine.

5. F & S comes with back bench seat and cushions for the front and a walk-thru windshield. They even come with a bimini top. I took mine off since I need to look over the windshield to drive, you probably won't have that problem!!

6. F & S has storage, but not like a real bass boat.

7. F & S is set up to ski and tube.

Bob G.

gabeboat.jpg

And the wolves attack! LOL Hey TOX ain't it great to watch them learning prowess when finishing off the weak! We done good! Now let's leave them to play with their food! LOL

Oh and Bob, if he's used to towing tin with a subaru wagon, a shift to a REAL TRUCK would be far too much for his limited tin mind to comprehend! LOL We have to ease him into the glass world. Start with a 17 footer and say a Ford Ranger or S-10 with a small V-6. Then up to a 4.3 or bigger turbo 6 like mine, with an 18 footer, and eventually graduating to a full size F-250 or 2500 HD with a 20 footer and 225HP. To just throw him in like that would overload his senses and he would likely relapse and head back to tin!

Let's see Rob, first it's a Mercury wagan with a mere 200hp. Second already had a S-10 with the 4.3 v-6 AND the Dodge Ram with the 5.9 v8! Let's see less gas money, easier to park, leaves a lot of $$ for retirement and college for the boys - don't see any problems here?? Oh, and I don't have to take the wheels off my house when the wind picks up LOL!!!!

Bob - We looked at the Fish/Ski's and the Tahoe Q3 Ski/Fish, the only problem with the Fish/Ski's is with the little ones there is not enough room to "hang out", they always wanted to get on the rear deck. In my Pro Crappie that's not a problem, and the Tundra has HUGE room, also will handle the chop in the bay better!

Still like the idea of a Tundra Fish/Ski, would sell HUGE i think!!

A 200HP mercury wagon????? Yeah right, this I have to see! Who's been sucking on a tailpipe???? I didn't know mercury wagons could come with a 302! LOL That's the only way that lil pipsqueak car is crankin out 200 ponies! Unless you add your outboard by default when towing!

It's possible Rob...I've got a 6 cylinder right now...almost 300hp from the factory.

OK Rob, you might know your fishing (some would question that) and maybe your hunting, BUT don't go messing with my knowledge of cars and engines (not that up on Trucks thought).

1996 Ford Duratec 3.0liter V-6 cranks out 200hp and 200 lb-ft of torque and has a true dual exhaust with seperate headers(none of this chevy camaro split tailpipe stuff). Now the 2000 - 2003's went back to a standard single exhaust but still 200hp. Check out the spec's on the LS Premium:

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/vehicles/sable/all_specs.asp

Oh and the 302 last I remember in the Explorer (they retired it out of the Mustang in '96 I believe when they installed the 4.6l v-8). My 89 Mustang GT with the 302 ONLY pumped out 225hp from that v-8, though it ran nice!

Oh, and it's the same V-6 used in the Ford Escape and other fordmoco products!

Now back to the reason for this post - Neeley, you think you can pass this suggested new Tundra model on to Corporate???

Yah Know, You need 2 boats. The one for the wife and kids- keep that tin and a real bass boat made of epoxy and glass-

miminum of 17' and a 125 hp( I have to say that since I smoked my 150). But since you live where there are real lakes any thing less than 19' and a 200 is just not right.

So the requirements are:

1 19'+ Fiberglass Bass boat w/ 200+ HP

2. 17+ tin boat w/ any motor - does not matter

3. New tow vehicle for the dual axle Bass boat

4. New Garage

Cost ~ $127K should do it w/ 15 years financing

Ken, I know the 260 + HP of the Trailblazer! Unreal! That's a supercharged V-6 bad boy right there. But a 3.0 putting out 200 hp?????? I think Trep's been wading in the shallow end a little too long again! LOL

And Trep, the 302 put out 225 if you never did a thing to it. With only $1k of upgrades had you looking down the other side of 275 HP! And I'm not talking these sissified fuel injected, aluminum headed girly engines either. (Though some are nice!) I'm talking 4 barrells of pure Holly carbed hell on wheels sucking down 5-6 gallons of petro per mile and leaving as much of the Mickey Thompsons on the asphalt to go with it! Arh Arh arh! Go play wid yur tin boats and toy cars JR, and leave the muscle to us growed men! LOL

Ok Trep,

I was just razzing you before, but now I'm serious!! I don't know how you guys and gals do it down south, but up here, if you show up at the ramp in your Mercury wagon, one of two things applies:

1. Your wife is driving the wagon and will launch/load the boat while you stand off to the side and say "yes dear"!!

2: I can't say it here or Rich will kick me off of the site!!

Bob G.

Bob G - Watched a couple of guys in a new Ranger R71 launch with a new Mercury Grand Marquee for a club T, and another guy with a Suburu Outback wagon launched his Skeeter! I work from home 100% so I need like a relatively comfortable, fast (I said relatively) 5 passager vehicle that is easy on gas when towing and can handle my Tracker. No problems here!!

Rob - OK go back to sucking on that tailpipe 'cause your all over the place today:

1. Ken's Trailblazer (and all the new GM Mid-sized SUV's until the Buick's Rainer out with a V-8 next year) are naturaly aspirated (that means normal air flow, no Supercharger or Turbos) inline 6's pumping out 275hp.

2. The new Acura MDX SUV has Honda's 3.5l V-6 with 260hp.

3. BMW's lowly 3.0 v-6 only puts out 225hp in the X5.

4. Chrysler's new 3.5l v-6 pumps out 250hp.

5. Fords 4.0l v-6 pumps out between 203 to 210 depending on the vehicle.

Heck, Honda's 2.0l I-4 in the S2000 cranks out 240hp!!!

Oh and like I said above, check the Merc specs on the 3.0 V6 200hp!!

Detroit's 12.7L in-line 6 puts out up to 470 hp.

Cummins 14L in-line 6 puts out up to 525 hp.

CAT's 15L in-line 6 puts out up to 575 hp.

Back