Need Maps for my GPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I bought an Eagle 502C GPS unit and had it installed. I need to buy a map set for them. It's compatible with the maps below. Does anyone have a recommendation on which product to buy?

Compatible with optional plug-and-play Lowrance FreedomMaps

I just looked at the regions and none of them include everything I want but the two that were closest were Lowrance FreedomMaps & Fishing Hot Spots. Any preference to one set or the other? Neither includes Indiana but they both include TN, KY, NC, AL, FL & GA which is probably where I would fish.

I use the Fishing Hot spots on my Lowrance units, they are ok. You might want to look at the Freedom maps so you can pick and choose on your pc what you want. I can't copy maps but I can share trails if you want spots on Dale Hollow, Fla, Ga or any where else Greg has been....LOL

BF

P.S I am doing the Lasik this Friday wish me luck.

Bruce, thanks for the recommendation. Good luck on your lasik. It was the best thing I ever did. I LOVE not having to wear glass/contacts. It is so nice to wake up and be able to see the world. It's been 7 months for me. I still have dry eyes when I first wake up but a few drops in each eye and I am good for the day. Let me know how it goes. Are you having the bladeless?

Yes, it's bladeless. They did give me the option??? OK a knife in the eye or a laser? I picked this weekend because of the holiday and I will have 3 days to recover before going back to work. I have to go back Saturday for the after operation check up but after that I plan on staying home with my eyes closed.

Thanks

BF

teri take a look at the navionics hotmaps premium premium the detail on them is great especially on the ones with high def mappings.

here is the tn list, check the link for the full list.

Barkley Lyon TN

Beech Lake* Henderson TN

Boone Lake * Washington TN

Center Hill Lake * De Kalb TN

Cherokee Lake * Grainger TN

Chickamauga Lake * Hamilton TN

Cordell Hull Reservoir* Jackson,Smith TN

Dale Hollow Lake * Clay TN

Douglas Lake * Jefferson TN

Fort Loudon Lake* Loudon TN

J. Percy Priest Lake * Davidson TN

Kentucky Lake Livingston TN

Melton Hill Lake * Anderson,Knox,Roane,Loudon TN

Nickajack Lake * Marion TN

Normady Reservoir* Coffee/Bedford TN

Norris Lake * Anderson TN

Old Hickory Lake* Sumner TN

Pickwick Lake* Lauderdale TN

Pin Oak Lake * Henderson TN

Pine Lake * Henderson TN

Reelfoot Lake * Lake TN

Tellico Lake* Loudon TN

Tennesse River* TN

Tims Ford Lake * Franklin TN

Watts Bar Lake * Meigs TN

Woods Reservoir* Franklin TN

http://www.navionics.com/PremiumLakeList_07.asp?RegionID=3

Jim, can u just buy states or do you have to do the region. I believe that region has IN, KY, & TN but not AL, NC, & GA.

Does your unit have to be high definition to use those maps? I don't think mine is anything fancy other than color.

They only sell in regions so you would have to buy two.

the high def maps dont require a special display. The high def maps have way more countour lines like every 2' instead of 5' and information that the standard maps dont have. In my area there the only two high def maps i use are Champlain and Winni and just those two lakes alone were worth what the chip costs.

FYI.....the 2007 HD Navionics Premium map for Champlain does not have the contour lines for all areas of the lake. There is a well known spot that has a bunch of humps and is great for smallies. When I went there this summer with the navionics card in my GPS, it didn't show the humps. The Lowrance card shows the humps. So now I have to carry both cards!!

Teri,

I'll send you my Lowrance card if you want to try it out. It covers the east, including the lake by your house. There is also a free download for your lake at Lowrance's website. You can try it for free before you buy a card for a bunch of lakes. Let me know.

Bob G.

I was actually trying to think of something I needed for my birthday and the maps are what I came up with. I will probably ask for a set for my birthday. I haven't downloaded that map you told me about. I haven't fished in about two weeks since it's been so hot. I took the boat in and had them move the fish finder to the front and put the GPS on the dash. I decided to save myself the headache of trying to figure on how to install them. You guys are lucky as I am sure I would have had a million questions. I wanted it installed by fall and with my schedule I am guessing I would have never got around to it. So $150 well spent I guess.

I am not sure my laptop has a slot for memory cards. I am not sure how I would get the freen map to the SD card. I will have to look when I get home. You don't have to send yours. You need it! Thanks for the offer though!

Teri,

Get a Sandisk card reader, connect it to your USB port and transfer file. I have a "12 in 1" that I take with my laptop when traveling and an older "8 in 1" at home.

Bob G.

Get the Navionics....hands down the best detail.

Mini

I use the navionics premium 2007 on Kentucky lake and Pickwick and it is great, don't know how it would be on your lakes.

Latest posts

Back