Need a 'stopper' for livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
OK, I can't for the life of me figure out how I lost the stopper for my livewell (04 PT 175) but it is gone. Where can I get one? Thanks, kenny

Kenny - didn't think the PT175's had stoppers? My '02 just had the switch on the side console beneath the throttle lever ("empty" and "auto") to fill or empty the livewell. Did they change the design in '04?

Yea, I have the plug type. I had the stand up/ over flow type in another boat but bigger fish would hit it and knock it out and the well would empty so I didn't like that kind. The plug I lost was a rubber type that worked find just can't figure how it got out of the well ?????

I will try the cork idea.....thanks

West Marine or Bass Pro Shops will have them. Just measure the diameter of the hole. My 04' 640LX uses the rubber stopper. I once found it stuck above the pump out valve and the roof of the livewell.

Don't know how big a drain hole you're talking, but would a standard boat plug work? You know, the kind that has a brass T screw surrounded by rubber? You could adjust the tightness (assuming the drain hole is large enough) and then use the t-handle to pull out the plug when you want to drain. There are also smaller boat plugs that you flip over to expand the rubber and lock in place. Pics of both below. Just a thought.

T-plug.JPG

Drain plug.JPG

That's what I use for my livewell...the smaller "bailer" plugs.

I need a screen actually...if you don't use the screen when draining on my 02 system, you'll will SURELY be pulling the pump out and cleaning it.

That's why I went to a cartridge type that's as easy as pie.

Thanks guys, great ideas and I will try the drain plugs first.....kenny

Latest posts

Back