National Champion

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilbert cales

Reaction score
O.K. Who will it be ??? I believe Auburn should get it. I know they cannot, so I will say Oklahoma. What do you guys think ? Bubby

Like you, I wiah Auburn had a chance to play for it (can't believe I'm saying that). GO OKLAHOMA!!!

GO VOLS,

Steve Hutson

I like the way you guys think. However, I really believe that USC or OU could take Auburn. They seem to be all 1st half and then lighten up in the 2nd half. At least that's what I thought when I watched them play Georgia, Bama, and Tenn. They do manage to win though and that's all that matters.

I know I'm a homer but I don't think USC has seen any team (except for maybe Va Tech, who they nearly lost to) with as physical of defense as the Sooners. I'm going to be looking for Dan Cody to shove that Heisman Trophy so far up Leinart's backside that he'll be passing shell casings for a month. A couple of close encounters with Cody and Mo Dampier and he'll cry every time the ball is snapped.

Something to think about: In 2000 when OU won their last National Championship, they played the EXACT same conferance schedule in the same locations with the same undefeated finish. Then went on to play in the Orange Bowl as the underdog against a team, Florida State, who's colors are maroon & gold and who's quarterback had just won the Heisman in a very close ballot. Now the really weird part; on Dec 29 2004, Steve Neumann, the former director of sports broadcasting at OU, passed away. In 2000, his father who was also active in OU sports broadcasting, died on Chrismas day. That's what I call a real fan.

My prediction; AD runs for 100+ yards, White throws for 200+ yards and The University of Oklahoma Sooners defeat the University of Sissy Commies, 31 to 17. Bob Stoops will then go on to form a third party called the Winners Only Party and with Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf as his running mate will win the White House in 2008 with 82% of the vote.

Then, I could be wrong.

Harpo

I think Oklahoma will beat USC. Nothing scientific, just a feeling after watching college football all year. I also believe they have to come up with some sort of playoff system. Having a team go 13 - 0 and not have a chance for the National Championship is just wrong.

Bill

What should be happening is that the four major bowl winners should now be in a two week playoff. Of course, that's not going to happen.

Don't believe that Auburn is quite in the same league as the two that will play tonight. VT almost got them last night. However, VT did not make the two plays it needed (end zone pass dropped and chip shot field goal missed).

OU will once again take home the trophy.

OU 35 USC 18

Tex

LMAO at Sooner....Univ. of Sissy Commies....your to much.

I am rooting for the Sooners, I hope they mop up the feild with USC. And when its all over USC will be claiming themselves national champs again after all the california AP voters declare them number 1 again like they always do.

You know your gonna have to share that championship with someone! LOL

Wolf

I'll have to agree with harpo on this one!!!!!BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Ouch is right. That certainly deserves the comment . . .

'I bet that leaves a mark!'.

Hat's off to USC. They did what they needed to do, and took OU completely out of their game and got into their head early, and then just simply drove the point home.

I bow to the west this morning.

Tex

I'm going to live out the rest of my miserable life in a monastery in Guam and never watch another football game again.

Harpo

Gotta hurt to get to go to the big dance then have your date go home with somebody else.

I''m glad the Huskers flat out tanked. I didn't have to schedule around the tv so I could watch their games. OU sure didn't do the Big 12 any favors.

TOXIC

WoW.....thats all I could say.

I'll take my second helping of crow with a little sugar this time!

Go Les Miles Go.....

Just wait till next year.

Wolf

Back