Motor Guide Chance to Buy

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Hey all. Need a little help please. Although I don't fish anymore I still have a boat that everyone tell's me to keep.:) I have a Motor Guide trolling motor on it with only about 43# of thrust. Though it is not very powerful, it wiggles and jumps around when I step on the foot control. IT HAS BEEN TIGHTENED DOWN w/JACKNUTS...

I have a chance to but a Motor Guide with only 30# of thrust at a great price. Why do you ask? Because it has a Gator Mount with it. I was thinking of buying this one and putting the Gator Mount on my Tracker and then the old mount with the 30# thrust motor on a small jon boat.

Now the question. It is NOT a spring but a BREAKAWAY mount.. I don't have a clue about this and am hoping somebody here does that can inform me. He's waiting for an answer.

Thanks, Uncle Billy

IMO a break away mount will work fine for your application. You'll just have to manually reposition the motor if you hit something. No big deal to me.

Back