Minn Kota install ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason L

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a Minn Kota edge 55# TM.. It has a red and black power/ground wires. Is there a way to use the plug adapter that my old MG used on my Tracker PT 185? Or do I need to run those wires somewhere else?

On my Edge install I just removed the plug from my old MG wires and installed it on the new Edge wires. Its only a couple of screws on the plug to take it apart - two on the black part (strain relief) and two on the white plug that holds it together. Take it apart and you'll see what to do - its just two more screws that hold the wires in - break out the wire strippers.

I can't even remember what the MG plug looked like but I wanted to rid myself of all things Motorguide so I went to the store and bought a Marinco plug set. Mucho better.

Harpo

Ha, get the MG funk off you right SoonerFan??

This is what I switched over on my recent install, it says Marinco on it, maybe they changed at some point?

marinco.jpg

I had a guy at work tell me that he actually caught more fish with one of his older MKs running then off - He told me, he'd turn in on and get a strike shortly thereafter. I called BS on him, but it was a funny story. (Did that influence my motor choice?)

Back