Mildew Removal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenn Jamerson

Reaction score
The vinyl seats in my Pro Team 185 became mildewed after sitting a few days with the canvas cover on. Is there a product that easily removes this? I used some Fantastic cleaner and it came off but took a lot of "elbow grease" to get the job done.

I have used Tuff Stuff with decent results. I would hesitate to use anything with bleach. To prevent this in the future, place a tub of Damp Rid on the floor of your boat before you cover it. Check and replace every 2 weeks or so. I have done this for 3 years now and have never had any more mildew.

--J.

I have used bathroom tile cleaner.The mold just runs off.I would hose it off as fast as u can it is some strong stuff

I have used rubbing alcohol to get rid of mold and mildew that accumulates in a corner of my boat. It works great and no scrubbing. Don't use too much on things like carpet as it could loosen the glue.

Learned this trick from my brother after he had to use his van to pull out his boat and he ended up submerging the rear deck of the van. Boy did the interior of that van smell for the next six months. No amount of carpet cleaner or other junk could touch it. Then he tries lots of alcohol and poof! No more smell! The neat thing is that it evaporates on its own.

good luck.

david....

be sure to put some kind of oil ont eh vinyl...some cleaners really dry the viny out and it will possibly crack

Back