Lowrance 522C-IGPS

• Thread starter Aroldo Hernandez
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aroldo Hernandez

Reaction score
I can't change my depth rang from 5ft too 500ft. I press menu on full zoner and then depth range and I can't change it. I scroll down too 500 push enter and it won't stay on 500 ft. The 5 only gets high lighted and I can't change it too 500 ft. Does this mean that I have to send it for service? I have another of the same kind unit. I already compared all the setting on both of them and only difference is the depth range. It went crazy on me this weekend. We were at 37 ft and the unit would say 1.4 ft and flashing.

Doesn't flashing mean you are not getting a transduce reading????

I press menu on full map......

Are you sure you are on Sonar when making your adjustments? You say "full map" in your post, so I thought I'd ask the obvious. When you're adjusting the depth range you need to have the sonar tab highlighted (split) when changing settings/options, right? Just a thought. Good luck! ;)

Dan you are right I mean on full zoner and not full map.

Doesn't flashing mean you are not getting a transduce reading????

If you are asking John? My guess is as good as your. That's why I'm asking for help here.

what happens when you are out of the water, do you get the same readings? Do you hear or feel your transducer tick?

Flashing means that it's not reading the bottom.

Test - With the unit on, put a small bit of water on your hand (spit works :lol: ). Rub your hand across the face of your transducer lightly so that the moisture makes contact with the face. You should feel and hear it pinging (clicking).

Yes, you have to either be in Sonar screen, or if in split screen - the sonar section has to be chosen (blue bar up top).

Without looking at your 522, it's hard to determine what you have set where.

An easy way to check the unit is to swap them out, since you said you have two of them. If the "broken" unit works in the others place, you found your culprit - the transducer.

If the transducer is working (easily checking it as I described above), but the unit is still not working, try a soft reset:

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data)

1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the PAGES key

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

If that doesn't get it back to normal, you can try a hard reset too, but be advised:

Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)

1. Turn unit OFF

2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys at the same time

3. Press and hold the PWR key

4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

If the transducer is not working, it may be as simple as replacing the transducer. At this point, I don't think you should be concerned about sending the unit back in. It might be in need of a reset, or you probably have a bad transducer. Both are easy fixes.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Feel free to email me with any questions.

All the best,

Glenn

Well I put my lowrance that I was having problems with and puted on the console conecters. And wala it worked perfect. So I'm thinking that my front ducer has gone bad. I can hear it tick tick tcik when it has power. Then it stops ticking for a minute or so and it starts ticking way again. I also put some water just like Glenn said to do it. I have a bit of a cold so I didn't want to spit my ducer ha ha ha . I might just have a excuse to visit Bass Pro in San Antonio this weekend and buy a new ducer for my troller.

Well heck... if you are close to San Antonio, I have one that you can borrow if you want to test it. It's a puck transducer that is compatible with your unit. It's a brand new spare that I keep on my boat just in case I have one go bad. Where do you live? I'm in San Antonio, and I'm giving a Lowrance seminar this weekend (6th at 3pm) at that Bass Pro Shops location.

All the best,

Glenn

I'm in Laredo. Thanks for the offer Glenn. I will probably will be on way back from San Antonio by the time you will be giving the seminar. I would like to stick around but I need to spend some time saturday here at home so they will let me go fishing at Falcon on Sunday.

By the way did you ever make it to Choke?

We went to a bass club tourney at Choke last month and we didn't even get a bite. There was two team's fishing that weekend and our team of over 20 ppl only 3 fish were brought to the scales. 1st place won with a 4 pound sack on two fish. Second place won with a two pounder. Also the other bass club of over 20 ppl that was fishing that same day brought inn 1 fish to the scale and took big bass and 1st place with a 2 pounder. I just can't figure choke out. Ppl say that it has alot of preasure. I don't think that i will be fishing Bass Champs this year at Choke.

I made it out to Choke. Lets just say that I got a lot of casting practice, and spent a lot of time playing with my sonar and gps. :lol::lol::lol: Not one tap. There were only three trucks/trailers at the ramp when I got there. That should have been a sign. I put in anyway and put some hours on the outboard, checking out spots I've never been before, and a few I won't be returning to anytime in the near future. The water seemed to be down quite a bit in some areas. I couldn't get back to some spots I had fished in the past - there just wasn't enough water there.

Could you let me know how you do on Falcon this weekend (If you don't mind)? I've got an ABA coming up (actually two of them back to back) on the 13th and 14th of this month. I'm only going to have the 12th to prefish.

I think I know the other club you are talking about on Choke. My friend's club went down there a few weeks back and only two people caught fish. One was my friend - he caught the only bass on day 1, and his partner - who caught the only bass on day 2. Nobody else got a bite. I wonder what happened? Last year, that place got a lot of praise about this time of year. This year... nothing. I haven't heard of anyone doing well there.

Let me know if you are going to be in the area fishing one day. Maybe we can get together and fish.

All the best,

Glenn

We are pre-fishing for bass champs at Falcon but we haven't found any quality fish. We went to Falcon two weekends ago and there was 5 bass clubs fishing there. We would go to a creek and run into at least 10 or more boats on every creek. Man I just hope that it don't get to much preasure also. I will keep you posted Glenn. Thanks for the invite.

Glenn what would the part # be for the troller ducer with temp. on it. It's a lowrance 522c-igps

Thanks,

Ace

PDT-WBL is the model number. 106-74 is the part number.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back