• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a jack plate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 6" jackplate. I want a hydraulic but the price would have to be lower than retail. Otherwise a 6" manual is the ticket. If anyone has a good deal on one that is in in PERFECT shape, let me know. E-mail me at [email protected]

Rob,

I've been watching this post for a while, hoping someone would offer you a good deal on a good jack plate. Hopefully, someone has responded. If not - and this is my best advice - contact Rich Boger or do a Google search on "Rapid Jack" and have them ship you a brand new manual Rapid Jack 6 inch plate. For a manual jack plate, it is inexpensive, and is in my opinion, one of the best built products on the market today. When you get a look at the way you adjust it, I am sure you will agree that the design is pure genious. Lots of manual jacks these days have a screw in the top. You loosen the four side bolts and then turn the top screw one way or the other to raise or lower the engine. With a few hundred pounds hanging on it, turning the screw would gaul the threads, making it useless or at the very least - hard to turn again. The Rapid Jack has a nut on the SIDE of the jackplate, connected to a rod that is wrapping thick aircraft grade steel cable around the mechanism shaft, raising or lowering the engine. There is a gear with a latch to keep it from backing off, and the same four lock - down bolts as the other type after you are finished adjusting it. You can tell how much you are raising or lowering your engine by just counting the notches on the large gear. I had one on my Cajun, and I absolutely loved it. I don't have one on my new boat. I have one of the previous style make by T&H marine, which is one brand of Jack plate that I had not used before owning this one. I havn't had to adjust it yet, but if the threads gaul, I'm calling Rapid Jack for another one of those to replace it with. Just a suggestion. Hope you don't mind the rambling.

Glenn

Back