Longingly looking south

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Well, it's a rough day for ND Bass. I just finished taking the troller off, storing my accessories, and setting up my batteries for indoor winter maintenance. Next step, drop off for winterizing.

For those of you who live 'down south', I'm gonna need you to post plenty of pics of your outings between now and March/April. It's gonna be a long winter.

If I get the new gig I'm hoping for I'll be traveling throughout the central section of the US. If I end up in TX or similar, I may beg someone for a ride

Only a couple more trips for me also, Pheasant season will be here soon. %@**ing snow is forcasted here tonight.:eek::angry::angry: Chris F.

Chris, I mowed my lawn for the last time tonight.....with flakes coming down.:p

Forcast of snow tomorrow for us. That's almost unheard of for SW Iowa. Usually hunt in light jacket until Dec. The dog(s) know. The 8month old pup is excited but he don't know why. But he's excited about the cats, about the mailman, excited about the rabbits n just plain excited for excited sake.

fatrap

Here in Southeast Louisiana, we are waiting for it to cool off to start fishing. Some of our best fishing here is thru the winter months.

Bubby:)

It was a nice 50 degrees here this morning when I settled into my ground blind just prior to 6am. Unfortunately, all I saw this morning was a fox chasing birds. Fun to watch, but it would have been much more fun to witness a Muzzy broadhead and attached arrow going through a nice buck. :rolleyes: :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Me to..Going Friday for last Crappie outing...Been really cold early this year first time I have had to turn on the furnace before Nov..I longingly remember all the years In Okeechobee Fla,, I plan on making my move South really soon..this Is I hope my last year In Indiana the land of Taxes with no fish...JR

I live in middle TN, and if you invest in good clothes, you can fish year 'round. Walleye and saugers are up next, should start in a few weeks. Not like FL, but I don't winterize mine, just shove it in the garage and put a little Stabil in.

I am waiting for some cooler weather(not ready for cold, just cooler) to move in and stay. When I hit the water at daylight this morning it was 72 degrees and well into the 80's this afternoon.

Eli and I had a Cub Scout campout last night, it was so warm (only got down to 70 in the middle of the night) I slept on top of the sleeping bag sweating! We have a cold front coming through tonight, Dan and I going fishing in the morning, had to dig out my jeans and hoodie, gonna be 53 BRRRR degree's at 7am!

Dang ND and Fatrap!! Winterizing? Yup that means adding a few packs of hand warmers to my rod box, so when we launch in Jan at 35 degree's I don't freeze my hands!!!!

I am so disappointed it is suppose to be 80 degrees here in So cal today. That is HOT! : ) You guys have a safe winter!

I'm headin' EAST this Thurs-Sun.....annual bow hunting trip to PA. My brother's in Colorado now,...he gets home the same day I arrive!!..LOL Heck, we might even hook up on the PA turnpike depending on timing! He whacked a HUGE bull elk Saturday....don't have any details or pix's yet, other than it's "Bigger than the one he has mounted and that's a 6x6". He's hunting for a big black bear yesterday and today and will start driving back east tomorrow. I'm stoked,....I can't wait to see him and hang out for a few days,..other than the MVM, it's my favorite event of the year!! Will leave @ 6am Thursday and be in the stand Thursday p.m.!! I just hope the weather cooperates....I'll take anything accept high wind and heavy rain!!:eek:

Get ready Mini,....we'll be eating GOOD all winter again!! :cool::rolleyes:

you better save some for the MVM get-together!!:lol::lol: Mac goes to whack bambi and I am going surf fishing today (gotta luv gooberment holidays!!) Found a place to live that is beyond belief. More on that when I can download some pics.

TOXIC

I went crappie fishing :)

IMG_2405small.jpg

IMG_2414small.jpg

No. I dont know why, but I could guess its from being just fast enough to not get eaten by the top of the food chain...i.e. MUSKY!

Latest posts

Back