LMS520C

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Looking to order my new 520c this weekend.

i have a couple of questions before i do so,

1- would you get the transome mount or thru hull transducer? and why?

2- any recomendations on how to remove a transducer mounted in my bilge, it is apoxied to the hull. i want to use it on my trolling motor so i need to take care in removing it.

Thanks

GregD

Well since you want to reuse it... then dynamite is out... tough to remove. I looked at trying to get one out of an aluminum hull and in the end just left it there...

I am anxious to hear of anyone's success at doingb this...

Well since you want to reuse it... then dynamite is out... tough to remove. I looked at trying to get one out of an aluminum hull and in the end just left it there...

I am anxious to hear of anyone's success at doing this...

Thru the hull all the way. On the 882 like you have there really isnt much room on the rear where it would need to go if you mounted it outside. all the pump fittings and stuff are there. I have found that thru hulls seem to work at speed better too.

You may not be able to save the transducer sometimes the break when you remove them. The only thing you can do it try to soften the epoxy and see if you can pop it off. Sometimes you can just grab it with a pair of channel locks and pop it too. it ust depends, i would plan on buying a new one.

BTW what model ff do you have there now? If its a lowrance with a 200khz grey connector it will work on the 520 you just need a blue remote temp if you want temp at that unit.

Jim

it is the Garmin 240 i got from you....

i really like it and plan to use it for one more season, then i will upgrade to a 520c up front.the real problem is i have two transducers in the sump now. maybe i will break out the first transducer and see how that goes before i try to get the garmin out..

thanks for the tip on three rivers marine, they are 30.00 cheaper than everyone else.

GregD

That may not be a bad idea to try to remove the old one first.

Yep three rivers marine is great, they have good prices and are super nice people to deal with to boot.

Good luck removing it. The only real way I have heard is with a sledge hammer and that is if the puck isnt installed very well. You take a big risk in ruining the tranducer.

Buy a new one.

lol, Mini i think your right. You should have seen the one they pulled out of my Z7 when they swapped the transducer at the dealer. That thing was in in a billion peices.

Latest posts

Back