Livewell Woes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hey again guys. It appears i have a leak where my drain house attaches to the bottom of my livewell. How the hell do i get to this to fix it. My boat is a nitro 640. From what i can see the well was put in and plumbed as the boat was built therefore no way of gettin under there. I guess i could remove the fuel tank. But it does not look like its going to be easy to get to even if i do that. Any suggestions?

You might have too. Put some colored water in the livewell to make sure it's the thing that's leaking. A while back I had to pull the gas tank on my 170 Nitro Ricky Clunn addition. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Remove the fill hose and cap attachment. The vent hole hose and then it was just two huge hose clap things and it lifted right out. Ofcourse I had to remove my batteries also. Took abut three hours by myself but I could have halfed that if I'd of had an extra set of hands. Good luck

PS. does that Nitro make a fair Barramundi boat?:)

Fatrap, i live in NSW which is too far south for barramundi. However many guys fish from these boats for barra no worries, suits our bream, barra and bass fishing perfectly. however a 130cm barra has no chance of fitting in the livewell. lol

P.S. I am going barra fishing in September so i wil lbe able to test my nitro out there, at the moment i fish Tidal Lakes and rivers near my home town.

If you wanna check out the Dam i will be fishing, http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Monduran.htm

Thanks

AusNitro - you get Flatties up your way? MMMM great tasting fish!

Fatrap has you covered on this. It's the only way I know of, just make sure with the leak test. Good luck! ;)

Yeah Trepman, flatties are very commin fish to catch. they are very opertunistic so you end up catching them on all types of lures when targeting other species. Theya re good fin when they get to over a meter in length. They are also a very good eating fish.

Back