Livewell Question?

• Thread starter XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I am not sure if I have an issue or if this is normal behavior. When I turn on manual my livewell pump water goes in the livewell as expected but once I start to pick up speed water stops flowing into the livewell. Once I start to slow down the water starts flowing again into the livewell.

X

Completely normal. It just creats an air pocket behind you and loses the suction from the pump.

If I forget to turn mine off and take off, it will fill the pump with air. Then I will need to backup with the outboard while running the pump to prime it again.

Steve

Yep normal if you look, not advised however, when on plane the intakes are out of the water so they can't pump. Or like Steve said the faster you move the more water/air will swerl behind the boat causing the pump to loose suction. You can even empty your bilge by jumping up on plane with the drain plug out. The water will run out while you are on plane but the plug is a real ***** to put back in when the boat is in the water on most fiberglass bass boats.

Yup, joining the chorus. Normal on the livewell of my PT175 when on plane due to the lack of a calm pocket of water for the pump to draw from. I've forgotten a time or two, but when I settle off plane, the water comes back and I don't seem to empty the livewell so long is its on Auto (vs. Manual).

Mine always has an air pocket when first started...so I just stop it after about 4 seconds then, restart and it's good to go and yes when you move the flow slows down or stops and recircs.

Back