Livewell Problems,,

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago my livewell worked great. Then the next day. it only filled 1/4 way (not even). So after my posting here last week i decided to pull the "mesh net" off the back and spray the hose up there to dislodge any possible items. I didnt notice anything. So i filled up the livewell with the garden hose and let it drain. it seemed to drain just fine.

The next day I went on the water and it filled up perfectly. The following day. it once again went back to 1/4 full..

Any ideas at all? To replace the pump looks to be a pain in the ###..

2001 Bass Tracker PT175XT

Livewell System 2 (Auto, EMpty)

When it's 1/4 full...can you fill it the rest of the way and does the auto work.

Timer shouldn't have anything to do with manual operation....just trying to help eliminate everything else. And yes the pump is in a really bad position even with the cartridge type...I'm relocating mine eventually.

Although the cartridge sure makes it easier.....

When it fills to 1/4 full. I have tried leaving it on auto and also on manuel and it just seems to not fill any further.

Do you have any tips on how to remove the "aerator pump"? how does it actually come off? Bolts,turning it a certain way, etc?? Thanks

If I remember correctly....it has 4 screws that hold the pump on. If it were me and I had it off...it would be a good time to replcae it with the cartridge type.

Back