Livewell Issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Fleming

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a 1988 Tracker, and I have a question. I think there is something missing actually.

Inside the livewell there are 2 fill tubes/Aerators, and a drain pipe at the bottom. There is no overflow or a way for the water to stay in it. I assume there should be some kind of Stand Pipe. Would this be a correct assumption??

Thanks,

John

John

that sounds similar to my livewell. the overflows are mose likely in the back corners of the livewell near the top. and the drain most likley is a remote drain with a control somewhere near the throttle handle.

might be one of those that have the pipe that fits in the bottom drain and when the water level comes over the top of the pipe it drains out. call bps parts dept. and ask them, they should know the part you are missing.

bryan

I concur with the above responses...one of the things the sales rep did tell me about my 2003 deep V-16 sc was that there were 'overflow tubes' that should be pulled to drain the livewells.

Which model of 88 Tracker? Tin or 'Glass? This should help us help you out.

Trep

Guys thanks for all the replies.

I know it does need a stand pipe, I just have to get one. It is a 1988 Tracker Aluminum. The model with the Livewells between the seats.

I searched the Bass Pro Website, and the catalog and could not find that pipe. Anyone know where to get one??

John

Go to home Depot and get a piece of PVC that fits snug in the hole. Put a "T" fitting on top and cut the pipe to where when the lid closes it will keep the pipe firmly in place, allowing overflow to exit through the "T" opening at the top. This will keep fish/bouncing from knocking the pipe out. Just an idea.

Generally, those livewells came with a pvc standpipe, that had a soft rubber connector on the bottom, that fit into the drain in the bottom. Finding one that fit's correctly, may be a hassle, as it was for me.

On my Targa, the 'baitwells' had removable stand pipes. The livewells, had overflows. Be SURE that your livewell does not have an overflow hole/tube to the outside. Alternately, you could install an overflow on the livewell.

Dan's comment is one that I've heard before, and should work fairly well. Just realize, that unless you get a good seal on the stand pipe, the water will slowly drain out. Keep an eye out. His comment about the lid pressure holding the tube in place is also good. If it's not anchored/held in place well, it will get pushed around by the fish.

Tex

Latest posts

Back