Livewell Aerator question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Howell

Reaction score
Went crappie fishing today and finally had a reason to kick on my livewell this year, (don't laugh), but it doesn't work. Well actually it brought in maybe 3 or 4 inches of water then stopped. I opened up the bilge to check the wiring and noticed that the pump was warm. So I emtpied the livewell and tried to fill it again and the same thing happened. Only 3 or inches of water. I put it on both manual and auto and the same results. Is there perhaps a filter that needs to be cleaned? I also noticed the tube in the livewell that dispenses the water is not up and down but sideways. Could this be the cause.

I'd appreciate any thoughts,

Ken

SOUNDS WIERD KEN .I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MINE LASTWEEK ALSO EXCEPT I COULDNT GET IT TO PUMP AT ALL AND MY 3 AMP FUSE KEPT BLOWING.TOOK IT TO A BUDDY THAT WORKS ON NITROS AND HE PUT A 20 AMP FUSE IN ITS PLACE JUST TO GET THE PUMP RUNNING AGAIN AND THEN PUT A 4 AMP IN FOR GOOD.HE SAID THAT THE RULE PUMPS AS THEY GET WATER DEPOSIT BUILUP AND CORROSION IN THE MOVEING PARTS THAT THEY TAKE MORE AMPS TO GET THEM MOVEING AGAIN.STILL WORKS GREAT.HOPE THIS WORKS.IM THINKING FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION THAT WHEN THE WATER LEVEL GETS HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE IMPELLER THAT IT NEEDS MORE UMPH TO KEEP GOING.CROSS YOUR FINGERS.BY THE WAY WHERE ARE YA CATCHING CRAPPIE AT?

Troy,

I found the problem. I took the pump out then took it apart. There was sand lodged in it. Thanks for the help. By the way, I caught the crappie at Pomme De Terre here in Missouri.

Ken

I have many fond memories of that lake. My best friend has a lot there. As kids we would go out and catch piles of white bass on little white bucktails!! We woud just follow the schools pushing bait.

TOXIC

Back