Live well help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Massey

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering how you all clean your livewells out. The last tourney we had, we ended up losing a few fish in the livewell. Now, I believe it had more to do with where we were fishing and the 10 degree difference in water temp between the two rivers we were on. The reason I think that is because just about every boat had some loss. I used rejuvinate too.

Anyway, I thought just to make sure, I would thoroghly clean and disinfect my livewells. How do you all do this? Thanks for the help.

Dave

I clean mine using white vinegar, some water and a scrub brush. I pour like two gallong in, put in a few more gallons of water and scrub then rince it. I also run it thru the pumps. It seems to do a good job since they dont stink after and ive never had any issues with fish loss.

Sorry Jim, I have a little confusion going on. Do you pour in like 2 gallons of the vinegar first then put a few gallons of water on top of that?

Thank you for the reply, me and my fish appreciate it.

Dave

Dave, the order doesnt matter. The net is your mixing it somewhere around 3-1 water to vinegar. Its not a real exact science and it doesnt need to be.

Back