Leaving for Women's Bassmaster Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am headed to Shreveport tomorrow for the WBT Classic on the Red River. I am getting so excited. The clock is just barely ticking. Time will fly after I get off work today. I have everything ready except the final narrowing of my tackle. My garage looks like a tackle store that got robbed. Crap everywhere. I have a 2 in 20 chance of winning a bass boat. I would just die. More importantly though, I do not want to BLANK any of the 3 days. That is such a disheartening feeling in a tournament. I thank all of you who have answered my questions this year and supported my journey. I've had a total blast this year fishing the WBT. I wish I could afford to become pro. Maybe some day. I don't think I am ready just yet but a new boat would help. :D I will try to post updates.

Cheers!

Teri

Teri,

Good luck and have a safe trip to Shreveport-Bossier. I hope you do well on the river. I grew up there, but the river was not the way it is now when I moved almost 20 years ago. There are some great people up there who will make you feel at home. We expect big things this weekend. Pack your woolies, I hear a front is coming through! Should make it a more even playing field for all involved.

See ya,

Eddie

Good luck Teri! The weather is suppose to clear up by the weekend but the temps will be cooler that normal. Hope you get the boat!

Barry from La.:)

Teri, I hope u like fishing in muddy water. I passed over the Red 2 hours ago and it is living up to the name. Looks like Choc Milk. Water is high and swift as we have had 3 to 6 inches of rain over the weekend. Go to the very back of the oxbows to find clearer water and u could have a good chance. GOOD LUCK!!!

Good Luck Teri!!!

The only bad part is when you win the new boat, you'll have the whole 'garage door to small' issue to deal with.:lol:

Thanks for the well wishes. I can't receive any specific information regarding the Red River so keep that in mind when posting. I think clear water is a no brainer though. :p

For anyone that wants to watch the weighins, they should be on www.bassmaster.com at 3pm central on friday, saturday, and sunday. They should be fairly short since there is only 40 of us.

Good Luck Teri, and enjoy the moment. Your living a lot of peoples dream.:D

Good luck Teri!! Make us all PROUD!! Smile pretty during those photo ops and interviews!!:rolleyes:;)

Mac

YEA Teri!!! Eli and I were talking you up big time at Cub Scout campout this weekend, we "know" someone fishing the WBT Classic! We are not worthy!!!

ROCK-N-ROLL!!

Teri, go get them. Rooting for ya girl.

Have fun and be safe.

Dan

Bass weekend regional just got cancelled on the red river, apparently it is flooding. I heard fishing was tough this past weekend. Be careful

Go get 'em Teri! Most of all....enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

It's alot easier to make the women's classic than the men's but I am still very proud to be there. I know the Red River is going to be tough because the levels are so high and it's going to drop 20 degrees from Thursday (practice) to Friday. We did have one tournament this year they moved at the last minute do to flooding; however, I think they would have done that by now so I guess it's on like donkey kong! Can't wait! I will post updates if I can. Thanks for cheering me on.

good luck teri!

melinda mize posted something on fb about a rumored change...

Good luck... We are already proud to call you friend... Anything you do from here is just more good things haoppening to a good petrson... Have a great time...

Teri, I didn't think to look but i suspect all the public ramps are closed on the Red for high water but the private ramps are usually open. Be VERY VERY careful running the river. These high waters change the sand bars every time the river's up. Many floaters and u can be running in the marked channels and hit a sand bar 3 inches deep and never see it. Last flood there were several injuries to regulars here from grounding in places that were 10' deep 3 days earlier. Best of luck and BE CAREFUL.

Good luck! Great odds on winning the boat:)

Hope all goes well and a new pro is born!!

Just saw in the Shreveport paper all public boat launches are closed.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091013/NEWS01/91013021

Back