Leaks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
I have a Nitro 170TF that is leaking water into the hull from somewhere. I checked the bottom of the boat, no problems there. The only place I can figure it's coming from is the plumbing for the livewell? Will the fuel tank come out? It's a 22 gallon tank. If not, how can I get to the hose connection on the bottom of the livewell? Are there some tests I can do in the driveway or on the water? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

I'd do what lamar said - fill your livewell while it's in the driveway. But before you do, sprinkle baby powder over all the livewell fittings and hoses. Then when you are filling the livewell, keep an eye on everything in the bilge. You will be able to see any leaks because the powder will start to disappear in the leaking spot. Best part about that method is after you are done finding the leak, just rinse all the extra powder down the drain hole.

If it's not the livewell, check the seals around your motor mounts and on the little U bolts on the back of the boat that the hold down straps go to - I've had leaks around both in previous boats.

All the best,

Glenn

put some red die#5 in there, and fill her up, you'll see the leaks quick

You can also check your drain plug. It maybe time to replace it.

Donnie

Back