Last Trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
Today will be my last fishing trip of 2006:(. It is currently 26* outside but is supposed to get to 65* today. Pheasant season is only 2 weeks away and I need to do pre-season scouting and contact the landowners that let us hunt every year.

I hope my last day on the water will produce but I am just going to relax and enjoy the outdoors and the pease and quiet that the lake offers.:D

Everyone have a great day. Chris F.

Chris - Sorry to hear about the down time fishing. Here at Anna we are starting to ramp up for a great fall and winter fishing season. Most of the pleasure boats and almost ALL of the jet ski idiots are gone and we have the lake to ourselves.

When the cold weather really hits and the cold side freezes up a little up lake we enjoy the hot side where the water temp will be in the mid 60s. My new neighbor is an avid (meaning crazy) wakeboarder and air chair junkie and will continue to wakeboard until the water temp goes below 65. He has water heater on his Malibu Wakeboard boat and fills his wet suit before he goes in. Dry suits when the weather turns colder. He should become a fisherman since we are just as crazy.

Enjoy the hunting season. Ever since I moved permanently to Lake Anna I haven't done much hunting in the fall and winter due to the fishing. :lol::lol::lol:

Chris

I know I'm getting ready for pheasant season too. Gonna try for my last fishing trip this Sunday. I'm in Iowa and the report isn't too good this year.

fatrap

Bow season opened the 1st of October...so thats where I have been...in the woods or in the classroom...more in the class room considering tonight was the frst night i have hunted in 2 weeks.

T.S.

Chris - I know this sounds mean, but I LOVE this time of year down here, and Kansas isn't that far north, but with all the jet ski's/cruisers/wakeboard boats off the water, and a lot of bass fisherman go hunting, with in the month we'll be relatively alone on the water!

I hope you have a GREAT day fishing and enjoy the hunting season. I'll post every few weeks some of our great fish down here to keep the frozen cabin fever yankee's in touch with the outdoors!!! BWWAAAA!!!

Back